Main Menu

Help with Rallye dash lights

Started by Rutro, March 06, 2019, 02:43:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rutro

Ok, please don't laugh. I'm not sure what's going on with my dash lights. It's been 6 years since I've driven my car. I'm 52 and I think I have the same disease as my dad, CRS (can't remember shit).
I've taken part of my dash apart to clean as well as fix dash dimmer switch and the AC switch.
This is on a 70 challenger. I've hooked some wiring back but not getting dash lights to come on. Headlights and marker lights work, no blinkers, the blue lights above the cluster doesn't come on. Honestly I don't remember what does come on. Any help is greatly appreciated. Mark

fc7cuda

Mark
Have you tried removing your light bar and bench tested it to make sure all the bulbs are good?  Ground the bar and power to the wire.  After you've replaced the bad bulbs, back in the car and make sure your male lead is plugged into the correct tri-receptical. 

Tom

Rutro

Thanks Tom
I'll try that today
I took the rotary dimmer switch apart to clean, hopefully I didn't booger that up.
Any idea why blinkers don't work?

dodj

Quote from: Rutro on March 06, 2019, 03:51:42 AM
Any idea why blinkers don't work?
Were they working before you went to work on your dash lights and dimmer switch?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

Bad grounds are the first place I would look , test for power out to the lights as well

Racer57

I had issues similar to yours. Switch relies on the screws that hold the switch panel in place for grounding. I made a jumper that goes from switch panel to bolt that holds up the steering column. Everything worked after that.

Rutro

Ahhh...great info!! I don't have it screwed in place, I will add the jumper.
I do remember I 6 years ago that I had to add some temporary jumpers on some of the taillights as well.
I'm a mechanical guy, my brother and Dad are the electrical engineers.
Thanks I'll try the advice after work today.