Main Menu

Rare 8 Track Radio dash trim

Started by Cuda Cody, May 23, 2020, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

@headejm    @CudaJack   @Daviej22   Here's the 8 Track radio trim I have.  There's 2 Cuda and 1 Challenger.  Both the Cuda trim pieces have some damage.  The Challenger trim looks to be prefect and just needs cleaned up. 

What's a fair price?

Floyd

I paid $300 for a mint Challenger one last year.  Ouch, but they don't pop up for sale very often.

anlauto

I got about $350 (usd equivalent) about two years ago for a 70 Challenger one....

I  would say anywhere $300-$400 would be a fair deal for both parties :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

The non challenger specific ones aren't worth as much as that 70 only challenger one though. 

:alan2cents:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

:thinking:
since they are one year only 1970
two-choices: one is Barracuda & one is Challenger

does the Challenger part actually command more $$$ than the 'cuda part?  :bigmoney:  or is it just timing?

CudaJack

Hi Cody, thanks for offering. What's the potential to repair the damage on either of the  'Cuda pieces? I can't see it so well in the pictures. I'm OK fixing non-visible areas of plastic trim but working with that grain texture on the facing surfaces seems to require another level of craftsmanship. Regards, Jack

cuda hunter

weren't 8 tracks available in 71? 

6bblgt

cuda hunter

Oh, learned something new. 

I just assumed the 70 only challenger piece was more as any of the 70 only challenger pieces seem to demand a higher price.

headejm

Cuda Cody

@CudaJack  one of the cuda trim pieces is fubared pretty bad. The face is half cut off. But the other is in good shape and besides a small ding it is only missing a bit of the mounting bosses. Bet it would mount up just fine as it is.

CudaJack