Main Menu

70 Challenger factory power sunroof car,what’s it worth?

Started by Antonios saragias, July 15, 2018, 07:06:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Antonios saragias

I own a 1970 Challenger with a factory power sunroof,
What's it worth?

1 Wild R/T

xx88man

Can you give us more details? It makes a ton of difference what the car is and how it was equipped
Keep yer foot in it

cuda hunter

Is there a fender tag and a build sheet? 

These items will truly help us understand what the car is and what it's value might be.

Does the power sunroof still work?

Is the car fc7?  What color is the interior?   What motor?  What transmission?  What rear end?  mileage?  restore?   
And more questions?...?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

IMO for what it's worth. I feel a rare option such as a sunroof only adds value if the car is totally restored to original. What I mean is if you have a 318 Challenger factory equipped with cruise control and sunroof, if the car is modified with a 440. 4 speed etc. then the sunroof and cruise control really don't add anything to the value over a similarly modified car without those options.
I imagine if someone valued the sunroof option that it could add between $1k and $5k to the car over a similar car without the option, and that depends on what other options it is equipped with (original Hemi car with a factory sunroof, you're going to pay big time).
Sheldon

Antonios saragias

M51 code is not on the fender tag, I don't have built sheet either,
It's a 318, 904 trans, # matching, original plum crazy,
All original panels, fenders , doors, qtpls, floors n trunk solid,
No rust anywhere, was a garage find 30yrs in storage, I've owned
It last 15,yrs, all original except for bolt on stuff like seats rims hood and
Headers , 80 miles ,
Everything works except power motor that operates sunroof is
A little weak, I've since closed sunroof and disconnect it so I don't
Burn it out" I don't know if there's replacement parts for system
Or if power motor is replaceable,

Cuda Cody

Looks nice @Antonios saragias   :banana:  Welcome to the site.   :welcome:

Do you know if sunroof cars normally have M51 on the fender tag?

JS29

I see New York plates on your ride!! I am in central NY, where are you located?  :welcome:

6bblgt

a 1970 Challenger with a factory sunroof will not have M51 on the fender tag

@Antonios saragias  can you post a picture of the fender tag?

GG's "white book" shows '70 Challenger sunroof production as:
JH23 ~ 114
JS23 ~ 82

Scott has an on-line Mopar sunroof registry ***** https://moparsunroofregistry.com/sunroof-cars/

Antonios saragias

Antonios saragias

superdave

That is a fantastic car! :bradsthumb: Personally I like the odd things (not that the sunroof is odd, that's just cool) But other than that it is a very low optioned car, which I think is cool and maybe a bit unusual, just not going to make it worth more.  :(

ec_co

:twothumbsup:  cool car. love the sunroof, low options, built a couple days before I was born. as far as value, maybe adds a few grand. but it's a 318/auto, not exactly what most folks pay high $$ for (same with me and my /6 ... but worse for me, lol). expect pricing better than a standard 318 sale, but not near what a 340 or 383 would bring. it **is** a very cool and rare option though, most folks just won't pay a huge premium for it though.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Culvers

I think the sunroof is not original on the car, therefor the VON should start with a K.

fc7cuda

Quote from: Culvers on July 17, 2018, 01:57:35 AM
I think the sunroof is not original on the car, therefor the VON should start with a K.

From the moparsunroofregistry.com:

Several 70 sunroof Challengers did not receive a K00 VON, but the option
shows up on the broadcast sheets. The current working theory is that 1970 Challengers ordered
up directly from Headquarters or the Assembly plant got the special VON, while 1970
Challengers ordered by customers through dealerships got the standard numeric VON.