Main Menu

Six Pack Shaker Base

Started by Cuda Cody, February 27, 2017, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

A buddy found this at a general Swap meet for $160.  He thought it was a 340 Six Pack intake and called me to see if I needed it.  When he brought it over I was surprised to see it was a Six Pack Shaker base.  I wanted to be fair with him so I gave him $400 for it.  Is that fair?

Does it look like a repop or original?  @ScottSmith_Harms  is the expert on these, right?  What do you think Scott?

Topcat

I had an article on them once.

I recall it saying the repro holes are round where the stud goes thru.
OEM are diamond holes

anlauto

I don't think the reproductions had ground straps either :alan2cents:

Terry McCann is the guy you want to ask......Either way...I think you both made out just fine :slapme5:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

screamindriver

You did good Cody...And your buddy stole it from that swap meet... Appears to be original...

ScottSmith_Harms

It looks original to me and you stole it!  :) Post a close up pic of one of the stud heads (the round rivot looking area). That one appears to be an NOS/over the counter part as it does not have the shaker feet added to it like production line versions had. Here's an original for comparisons.

Cuda Cody

@ScottSmith_Harms   Good catch on the "no shaker feet".    Thanks for sharing a photo of an original.  Wonder why this one was made without Shaker feet?   :huh:

Here's some photos of the stud heads.

fc7cuda

I believe there were at least 2 different studs used, with the head diameter being different and the length on one being 1/4" longer than the other.  I look at these wrinkles to determine original.  :alan2cents:

Good score for you both, and if you're both happy then no more $ needed.

anlauto

I should post pictures of my original one from the "World Famous Barrelcuda"  I still have it. :takepicture:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

This is an original Canadian version  :canada:

RUNCHARGER

"Eastern Canada" version Alan. :canada:
Sheldon

anlauto

Timbbuc2

You certainly have some good friends
Get in, I'll drive

screamindriver

Quote from: anlauto on February 28, 2017, 07:16:40 AM
Holy Cow that's amazing !!! I can't believe it didn't fall apart when you originally disassembled it ....I'd have that hanging somewhere in the shop for a conversation piece... :bigthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: screamindriver on February 28, 2017, 04:10:41 PM
Holy Cow that's amazing !!! I can't believe it didn't fall apart when you originally disassembled it ....I'd have that hanging somewhere in the shop for a conversation piece... :bigthumb:

I have the complete shaker bubble and hood as well. Somebody else ended up with the only good part the hood's trim ring. :'(

Brads70

What , Ken your metal guy wasn't up to the challenge?  :rofl: :Stirring: