Main Menu

What’s it worth Chrysler Corporation Wheels

Started by jyotkc, January 31, 2021, 06:16:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jyotkc

Bought this 73 Challenger about 8 months ago. I was working on it in the driveway and a guy saw it and stopped to talk about it. He saw the wheels on it and said they were very rare and worth quite a bit. Any ideas and does anyone want to make an offer. I'm planning on a more modern look. I'm going to post a pic from my phone on the next reply.

Chryco Psycho

jyotkc

Here is a pic of it

RUNCHARGER

Around here guys refer to them as Mirada wheels (like 80-82 or so Dodge Mirada) They seem to bring $200 a set but I imagine it's a regional thing.
Sheldon

anlauto

Yea, I've never heard of them bringing "big bucks".  :dunno:

Rare... maybe?

Valuable ....Questionable?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jyotkc

I guess the guy equated rare with valuable.
I'm new to molar , I'm glad I joined this forum.

autoxcuda

I've seen them at $100 set around swaps here without caps

There is another Mirada 10 spoke wheel that is more desirable.

[img]http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccpix/1181black.JPG[img]
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

HP2

Agree with others...rare, sorta, valuable, not extremely.  Original, date coded steel Hemi wheels are both rare and valuable.  Mirada wheels, nah, not even close.

ramiron

Right on target with the year, bought a Mirada in 1981, these are what it came with.

EV2RTSE

Yup Mirada CMX wheels. Funny when I got my 73 Challenger many years back it too had a set of them on, and over the years I've seen another 5 or 6
Challengers with them, they don't look bad. I sold my set at Carlisle a few years ago, I think I got $250 with center caps.

Might try listing them for sale on forfmjbodiesonly.com, more people would be looking for them there.

https://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/classicmopar/threads/mirada-10-spoke-wheels.4742/

jyotkc

YYZ

The '5 on 5' rims are also popular and IMHO, look a bit better.

Here is a set for sale not far from me - about US $300

The center caps are included, which is good as they have been NS1 since the late 1980s