Main Menu

What's It Worth: 'Cuda Rocker Moldings

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, August 24, 2022, 04:49:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Fastmark on August 26, 2022, 01:21:34 AM
I went to buy a set from the dealer in the last 70's and all they had was left sides still in inventory. I was thinking that I could just put a left side on the right side and no one would notice! Lol. Just a dumb kid. I've still got them and never found a right side NOS at all. Oh well.

If I had to guess, your NOS left one is the only NOS one in existence!! I could be wrong but I've never seen an NOS one, ever.

benguin

Quote from: Fastmark on August 26, 2022, 01:21:34 AM
I went to buy a set from the dealer in the last 70's and all they had was left sides still in inventory. I was thinking that I could just put a left side on the right side and no one would notice! Lol. Just a dumb kid. I've still got them and never found a right side NOS at all. Oh well.

I must have gotten lucky, got my set 3/78.  Glad I didn't wait!
  (edit: and they were not fully painted)
  Ben

E74cuda

The NOS ones that I've had did not have the black painted on them

mk

Excellent thread !!
Would anyone know the most accurate paint and process to refinish these?

benguin

As a serious Mopar restoration guy said to me "do you want it factory acccurate or do you want it nice?"

Factory has some definite 'iffy' areas due to the assembly line "get it done" approach.  The look nice approach is as outlined above.  Lots of masking.

Frankly, I was shocked the factory didn't have some sort of die cut masking template, but they evidently went much more low tech.

I'll post up how my masking event goes.  I plan on masking off the argent and shooting the black to be 'similar but neater' than the factory job.
  Ben

cuda hunter

https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/the-red-on-red-1970-cuda-project/11348/

Go to page 9.  Great videos and details.

@Wayne  has done a great restoration thread.  I suggest viewing the entire thread and all the videos.  Great thread!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda_mark

70_440-6Cuda

Seriously $1000???  Are parts really getting that rare?  Or are ebay sellers just trying to cash in on the Mopar price craze, making it worse for everyone?
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

cuda hunter

Cashing in.

I just saw a set yesterday for 100 bucks on craigslist somewhere.  year one reproductions.
Arizona I think. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee