Main Menu

WIW Automatic Console Top Plate

Started by Daveh, May 07, 2020, 06:26:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

Anyone see any value in this automatic console top plate?  It's straight but has a couple extra holes drilled in it. Add new wood grain and they would be hidden. Let me know. Thanks

Dave

Rich G.

I don't think these are worth anything. It's the 4 speed ones that are hard to find.

70 Challenger Lover

I saw one on eBay a few times for $30 and it's not moving. It too has extra holes. How is the chrome? Any pits? I have been looking a really nice one for my car. I don't mind welding up holes, smoothing it down and I even have a new decal. I just don't want to spend money getting it rechromed when they are only $200 brand new.

Daveh

It's got some light pit marks but good for a driver.  You can have it for $25.00 plus the freight if your interested?  Let me know.  Thanks

Dave

70 Challenger Lover

My current one is a driver too. The rest of the car is gorgeous but the previous owner didn't rechrome that piece. I think when I'm done building my other car, I'll break down and send mine out for new chrome.

Thanks for the offer. $25 is really quite fair if I needed it for a driver.

Chryco Psycho

I have done a Lot of 4 spd conversions so the auto plates are very common as cars are converted .

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 08, 2020, 09:53:02 AM
I have done a Lot of 4 spd conversions so the auto plates are very common as cars are converted .

Are you able to modify the auto plate to a manual one as well? If so, how you deal with the raised edge around the opening?

Spikedog08

Think I have 3 of those in the garage . . Don't think I could give them away .  .  .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 08, 2020, 12:02:53 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 08, 2020, 09:53:02 AM
Are you able to modify the auto plate to a manual one as well? If so, how you deal with the raised edge around the opening?

You could cut them for a 4 spd but the openingin not in the same place , so you not only nedd to trim it but fill the other end of the opening & you loos the raised rib .

70 Challenger Lover

Lately, I've been on a weird kick to restore old consoles I have in storage. I finished this one last night after work. Now I just need a blue interior four speed car to put in in.

cuda hunter

I hate hearing that parts are not worth anything. 
Seems like it would be worth something to someone somewhere. 

I have some parts sitting around that no one wanted to buy for 5 bucks.  But I can't bring myself to throw them away.
What happens in 10 years when no one is repoping these things cause the generation of guys who were there are going away.

Sucks to throw stuff away.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70 Challenger Lover

I wouldn't toss anything. Everything I've ever tossed, I wind up needing later and wishing I hadn't tossed it.

You might try selling at the spring fling swap. I've had very good luck there. Hard to sell online because shipping has become so expensive.