Main Menu

WIW Space Saver Spare, Original bottle and bracket

Started by Suregrip391, November 08, 2019, 04:22:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Suregrip391

I have an original space saver spare from a 70 Challenger, it's actually the whole setup with canister and blue bracket. Unrestored, never mounted. I'd have to get some pictures but they are nice. Is there a ballpark price on the setup? Tire and wheel have all the correct markings. K29, F78-14, 3 ply, V1, etc etc.....not a clone.

FlatlandTA

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

Suregrip391

I'll have to get some pics posted for you guys..... thanks.

JS29

cuda hunter

Once you get a price figured out I might be interested in the purchase.  Pm me if it works out that way.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Slotts

Hey Aaron,  :wave:

Welcome aboard and stick around!!! Good luck with the sale.  :bigthumb:

Inside joke with the picture post. If I didn't post this Aaron, you wouldn't think I cared!

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

Suregrip391

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Jim.... Your too funny! You remembered that skit after all this time! I remember when you built my switch for my 70 RT/SE we talked about that one!! Still have the car! Ill have to get pics of that too for you guys. It's an original Paint FK5 car.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

CudaMoparRay

76orangewagon

I'm not proud of the fact that paid $1000 for a never used collapsible spare that was in near NOS condition, that price was without the bottle and bracket..

6bblgt

:welcome:

& how nice is the bottle?  I think I got ~$800 for a NOS bottle I had
(a couple pics from a discussion of the color of the "BLUE" on the label)

Suregrip391

Here is a picture of the bottle and bracket, the bottle seems to be empty now, I know the wheel and bottle have been together since 1969 and the rim never looks to have been bolted up so whats inside must have dried up.

I'm not sure if I want to sell any of it yet, I was more looking for a WIW and then I would decide. I've had a couple people asking in PM's  to buy it.

It may be for sale......because my car uses a full size spare which I have and as cool as this is, it does not belong in my car.

This setup is not perfect by any means, but would look great in the trunk of a " survivor type" car.

Suregrip391

Wheel....

I never made any attempt to clean this wheel/tire. I do not see any cracking or dry rot on the rubber. It's nice.