Main Menu

14" wheels

Started by JRMac73, April 03, 2017, 05:12:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JRMac73

I have a set of 14" wheels I would like to run. What would be a good size for the tires (front and rear) to fill the wheel wells?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hato

i have 14" ralleys now i know 235s can fit on them and look good in the wheel well but may be hard to come by a set that,s not cooper/bfg have you considered these am ordering a set for mine sure they didn't come with firestones but i don't like how real bias ply feel driving the car 
https://www.cokertire.com/tires/styles/bias-look-radials/firestone-wide-oval-radial-rwl.html

JRMac73

The car that I have is a work in progress and have a long ways to go. Radial would be ok. I have a set of 14" center line style at the moment. I want to go with rallys when I can but need to run what I can.

JRMac73

Quote from: hato on April 03, 2017, 05:20:56 PM
i have 14" ralleys now i know 235s can fit on them and look good in the wheel well but may be hard to come by a set that,s not cooper/bfg have you considered these am ordering a set for mine sure they didn't come with firestones but i don't like how real bias ply feel driving the car 
https://www.cokertire.com/tires/styles/bias-look-radials/firestone-wide-oval-radial-rwl.html
Did you go 235s on the back? Then what size on the front?

RUNCHARGER

It's really hard to find 14 inch tires, before locking in to 14's I would try to sell the wheels and move up to 15's. Tire choices for 15's are even slimmer than they used to be.
Sheldon

JRMac73

I have a set of old 15" aluminum mags that are very oxidized. I think I'll have to try and clean them up.

70/6chall

I have the original rallye wheels (14x5.5) on my '70 Challenger. They are the factory installed wheels, as for tires after I got away from old bias ply tires, I got into the steel belted radials, Dunlops, Remington XT-120. Then a set of Kelly Charger Radials, then after those back to Kelly Chargers in P225x60x14 in front and P245x60x14 in the back. These seem to perform quite well. I've kept the Kelly's in beautiful condition, but because of their age it's time to change to new. Went down to Americas Tires yesterday and for the same sizes, for BFG's out the door price $750.   Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Radial+T%2FA&partnum=17SR4RADTARWL2V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

BF Goodrich's info on available tires... Click below the pictures of the tire where it says " Specs" that shows the recommended rim width for tire sizes.. If you were running Rally wheels most of them are 14x5.5 & the widest tire BFG suggests using is a 215/70-14

70/6chall

Here's a pic of them on the car.  Thanks,   Al

RUNCHARGER

So, you couldn't find Kelly Challenger tires? I have a friend with a 71 Super Bee and he found Stinger tires, I thought that was cool too.
Sheldon