Main Menu

14x6 Ralleye Wheels

Started by GoMangoBoys, October 11, 2019, 06:46:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

Will the 14x6 Ralleye wheels fit on a 70 Challenger with front disc brakes?  We have a drum brake car, but we will change the front to disc.  We want to run the Ralleye wheels.  I am thinking that I need the 15x7 wheels, but see a lot of 14x6 wheels for sale.
I am curious if I can use these?
Thanks

RUNCHARGER

They will fit but I really recommend going to 15 inch. It's just getting harder and harder to find 14 inch tires.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:
Even 15" tires are hard to find , I would recommend Cooper Cobras or Mickey Thompson

MoparLeo

Here some info that may be useful for all members about the 14" Rally. Mopar only made 1 wheel center size. Back 30 years ago or so I wanted 15" rally's for one of my Challengers. There were no repros and originals were tough even back then to find. I discovered that the wheel center on the 14 and 15" wheels were the same part. I found a used wheel company that did custom wheel mods and they cut the centers from my 14 " and welded into 15" Chevy Blazer outers the the centers were removed from.  They look identical to the factory Mopar wheel, only no Mopar stampings. Probably from the same company that made Mopar wheels., $40-50 bucks a wheel to modify back then. Might still be an economical option today.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Topcat

M/T's are next on the chopping block to leave. I bet.

xx88man

To answer your question the 14" Rallies will fit over disc brakes. That is the factory setup I have. The preference is to go to a larger wheel for handling improvements and it's easier to find tires.
Keep yer foot in it

Dakota

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on October 11, 2019, 06:46:05 PM
Will the 14x6 Ralleye wheels fit on a 70 Challenger with front disc brakes? 

I've made the same change.   The instructions that came with the front disc brake kit I bought from The Right Stuff (getdiscbrakes.com) stated that 15" or larger wheels are required to avoid clearance issues.   I like the Rallye look as well, but despite hours of staring at pictures and spreadsheets I still haven't made a final choice about which one I'm going to use instead.

gzig5

:popcorn:If you are just going to be cruising around, there are 5 or six brands of tires available in 205 or 225-70-14.  That's about it though. The 15" wheels are pretty available, usually a little more expensive,  and still pretty many tires available.  If you want that look with better performance, Year One makes a 17" version but they are not giving them away.   

The 14" fit OEM disk brakes just fine.  I had the 14x6 on my car when I got it and it has factory disks up front.

If you are Illinois there is a decent set of four with early centers and new tires for $350 on Craigslist in North central IL.
https://peoria.craigslist.org/pts/d/henry-1970-mopar-wheels/6995560264.html

Chryco Psycho

On a side note if you need to replace rotors you can go up to the 11.75 Cordoba rotor & caliper bracket but Only with a 15" wheel

6bblgt

e-bodies used 14x5.5" "rallye wheels" - the 14x6.0" "rallye wheels" came out for b-bodies with G70-14 tires
these 14" wheels and the 15x7.0" (& later 15x6.5") "rallye wheels" clear factory (same model year) disc brakes
:thinking:
..... but because of their "drop hoop" design and use of 14" centers (aftermarket 15" "MAGNUM 500s" have the same issue) you must confirm clearance with aftermarket or swap disc brake set-ups, that's why they have a disclaimer that states "FITS MOST 15" WHEELS"