Main Menu

15 X 7 ..450 Look a likes

Started by anlauto, May 19, 2017, 10:30:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Is there currently anyone making correct appearing 450 look-a-like rims ?

@76orangewagon  Where did you get yours, are they still available and how much $$$ ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Two places that I have heard.  Stockton Wheel and Dr. Diff.  My buddy got some from Dr. Diff and he clones the 450 wheel from used OEM components.

@ScottSmith_Harms  is a 450 expert too.  He might know someone making good reproductions.   :fingerscrossed:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I deal with Cass all the time, just got an order from him last week......I'll drop him a line... :takemymoney:

76orangewagon

Quote from: anlauto on May 19, 2017, 10:30:54 AM

@76orangewagon  Where did you get yours, are they still available and how much $$$ ?

I got mine from Cass @ Dr. Diff and had them sent to Rick @ RestoRick to have all the correct date stamping added. Price was  $1300 for the set of 4. Stamping was $180 that included adding the pentastar, 2944450 part number and adjusting the wheel date code.

anlauto

Thanks for the info.....I heard back from Cass already, he's currently out of the centers :bye:

Cuda Cody

:headbang:  Bummer.  Did he say what centers he needs?  Maybe we can find some for you?

Quote from: anlauto on May 19, 2017, 06:33:32 PM
Thanks for the info.....I heard back from Cass already, he's currently out of the centers :bye:

ScottSmith_Harms

QuoteI got mine from Cass @ Dr. Diff and had them sent to Rick @ RestoRick to have all the correct date stamping added. Price was  $1300 for the set of 4. Stamping was $180 that included adding the pentastar, 2944450 part number and adjusting the wheel date code.

This!  :iagree:

(when Cass has the centers)

anlauto

I'm not in a terrible rush....I might need two sets but only if my customer's want to step up to the plate :bigmoney:

ScottSmith_Harms

Also, FWIW, while the ones Cass sells are absolutely the best available anywhere, there is one detail that distinguishes them as reproductions, only visible from the back side but it's a giveaway if you know what to look for.

cuda dad

Quote from: 76orangewagon on May 19, 2017, 04:33:26 PM
Quote from: anlauto on May 19, 2017, 10:30:54 AM

I got mine from Cass @ Dr. Diff and had them sent to Rick @ RestoRick to have all the correct date stamping added. Price was  $1300 for the set of 4. Stamping was $180 that included adding the pentastar, 2944450 part number and adjusting the wheel date code.
Sooo, I think I may have bought those rims for you!

76orangewagon

Sooo, I think I may have bought those rims for you!
[/quote]

Well ...sort of, but not really. I bought them about a month before selling the Rallye wheels and used the boxes they came in to send yours out.