Main Menu

70 AAR Correct spare stud

Started by TGGodfrey, December 27, 2021, 11:47:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

TGGodfrey

For an AAR what is the correct length spare tire stud and what is the correct thread length?

The more i search the more confusing it gets.  Dave wise book claims 7.5 over all length and 75% threads (5.6"). That doesn't seem right compared to what people have found in their cars through the years.

Thanks

Terry

MoparLeo

I would tend to believe Dave who is in business because of his knowledge and his books are used by the top show judges in the country as opposed to just "  people" who ever they are.
If I agreed with you what would my "far from official" opinion even mean ?
If you have more to say just say it.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

EV2RTSE

I have this saved from another time this came up and it looks like 6.5" when used in hardtops with space saver spares and 15" wheels.  :dunno:

TGGodfrey

Thanks Guys.

Found a 4k mile survivor and the stud measured a true 7.5" just as Dave Wise Stated.  Little discrepancy regarding thread length though.  the 6.5" may be the way it is measured.  6.5 is what would protrude above the bracket.  Wise measures his as Over All Length.

headejm

Speaking of space saver spare tires...does anyone know when the jack hook goes under the front of the spare and when it goes on top by the air canister?  :notsure:

EV2RTSE