Main Menu

AAR Stance

Started by Ccuda, March 24, 2022, 07:40:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Ccuda

My AAR is sitting to level for my liking. I used the equivalent tire size for radial conversion and the wheels are the correct size.
Would it be wise to have my mechanic tom adjust the torsion bars or would it be smarter to add air shocks?
Tire and wheel change in the front is out of the question since I just bought the tires.
Ccuda

JS29

@Ccuda  Air shocks are NEVER a good idea for an E-Body!! Time for rear springs.   :alan2cents:

anlauto

I would guess it would depend on how "high" the car is now. If you can afford to drop the front, I would go that route.

Adding air shocks is never a smarter choice :alan2cents: Re-arch the rear leaf springs if anything... :brainiac:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

I agree with having the springs re-arched. I did it in my Challenger. Post up a pic so we can see what it looks like.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Ccuda

Here's a pic of my present stance. Think the rear needs to be a bit higher
Ccuda

DeathProofCuda

255/60/15 on the rear?  Is the top of the rear wheel arch above the top of the tire?  IMHO it looks good as is, but if you want to raise the rear then I agree that new springs are the way to go. :alan2cents:

headejm

First off, nice garage and beautiful AAR! It's your car so you get to do whatever you want to it.

IMO, the look of the AARs and TAs should be lower (compared to a higher rear end look of drag racing cars) due to their road racing heritage. What are the measurements from the ground to the fender lips? I like the 25" look in the front and maybe 1" higher in the rear. The stance of your car looks pretty good to me. No to air shocks.

anlauto

Quote from: Ccuda on March 25, 2022, 09:15:09 AM

Beautiful AAR, nicely optioned, but based on that picture, I disagree....I think the front should be lower...At the rear, the top of the tire looks equal to the top of the wheel opening, the front should look the same in my opinion  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Bullitt-

I googled pictures "AAR Cuda Side" ... Yours looks very much like most I saw.

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2022, 10:29:32 AM
Beautiful AAR, nicely optioned, but based on that picture, I disagree....I think the front should be lower...At the rear, the top of the tire looks equal to the top of the wheel opening, the front should look the same in my opinion  :alan2cents:

:iagree: lower in the front (looks pretty level currently)  :takealook:

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2022, 10:29:32 AM
Quote from: Ccuda on March 25, 2022, 09:15:09 AM

:iagree: adjust the torsion bars lower. Don't forget to get the front end aligned after adjustments.

anlauto

What size rear tire did you buy ?

Ccuda

Anlaito
245-60-15 Rear
225-60-15 Front

Ccuda

anlauto

Quote from: Ccuda on March 25, 2022, 06:11:36 PM
Anlaito
245-60-15 Rear
225-60-15 Front

That's the right size tires :bigthumb: so I guess it boils down to your personal preference  :dunno:

In my opinion, the relation between the top of the tire and the top of the wheel opening should be the same front to rear on a Cuda

blown motor

7/8" rake is perfect. The last one posted has too much rake IMHO. It looks very day 2. If that's what you want, go for it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel