Main Menu

B body rear end, which aftermarket swaybar application?

Started by FSHTAIL, January 07, 2020, 10:42:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

Hi, I'm sitting on a 1966 B Body 8 3/4 rear end from a Coronet and I'm gearing up towards some aftermarket front and rear swaybars..   

I'm looking at Hotchkis brand and they have front and rear kits..      BUT....

I know I can't use a Cuda fitment rear bar because I had to tweak my bar to fit..    :bricks:

Any advice? 

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Brads70

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on January 07, 2020, 10:42:25 PM
Hi, I'm sitting on a 1966 B Body 8 3/4 rear end from a Coronet and I'm gearing up towards some aftermarket front and rear swaybars..   

I'm looking at Hotchkis brand and they have front and rear kits..      BUT....

I know I can't use a Cuda fitment rear bar because I had to tweak my bar to fit..    :bricks:

Any advice?

Lite weight and how the Hotchkis bar mounts is why I close it. How it mounts, it makes no difference what the width of the rear end housing is.  :bradsthumb: If you find the side of the leafspring is close to the head of the bolt from the dogbone they make a kit to give you more clearance. I made my own but it's available if you don't have the means to make one.
https://www.hotchkis.net/product/mopar-stud-dog-bone-conversion-replaces-end-link-bolts-on-dog-bone-applications/?mk=40&yr=1970&md=286&sm=1098

FSHTAIL

Thanks for those pictures.   

Are those frame brackets bolt on or weld on?

I guess I was expecting these sway bars to bolt a black Factory, glad that's not the case. 

Thanks for the reassurance. 
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Brads70

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on January 09, 2020, 01:53:04 AM
Thanks for those pictures.   

Are those frame brackets bolt on or weld on?

I guess I was expecting these sway bars to bolt a black Factory, glad that's not the case. 

Thanks for the reassurance.

They are welded on .

303 Mopar

I installed the Hotchkis rear sway on my '68 Charger and it made a big difference. I also have one of their bars on my Cuda. I like that it is welded on and fits below the rear diff, allowing plenty of room for the exhaust.

shawge

I've installed a B-body rear, 1" offset shackles, and FF rear sway bar for a B-body.  FF mounts in the factory location.  3" TTI fit w/ zero clearance issues on 70 Challenger.

Someone else has made offset links to fit an E-body bar to a B-body rear.  Pretty sure I remember Chryco bent a sway bar using a trailer hitch to fit.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Chryco Psycho

True , I slide the bar into the trailer hitch & bent the ends inward , My Ram didn't budge !!