Main Menu

Brake lines.

Started by Bartman, August 07, 2017, 09:16:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Bartman

Where are you guys buying your oem looking hard brake and fuel lines front to back.
Also fuel pump to carb line

1 Wild R/T

Cuda Cody

I've had good success with Fine Lines.  A couple times I've had Inline Tubes have to correct and redo lines.  They were good to work with, but thought it should have been better before they sent it to me.  Try Fine Lines first.

Quote from: Bartman on August 07, 2017, 09:16:24 AM
Where are you guys buying your oem looking hard brake and fuel lines front to back.

Burdar

:iagree: x3

If Fine Lines doesn't list fuel pump to carb lines for your application, you can send them your originals and they will bend new line to fit.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

As an example of their customer service.. I did a 727 to 518 O/D swap, the cooler lines on a 518 are 3/8" & a 727 uses 5/16... Also the fittings are different.... I called them expecting either to be told they couldn't help or if they could who knows how much extra they would charge.... Nope, they made just what I needed & charged me the same as a set of standard 5/16" lines.....

Bartman

Thanks.  I checked with them online and they have what I need. 

dougdel

Mrbill426

Do they make a all-in-one kit for fuel and/or brakes lines that include the line mounting clips & screws etc?

:wrenching:

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 07, 2017, 09:25:02 AM
I've had good success with Fine Lines.  A couple times I've had Inline Tubes have to correct and redo lines.  They were good to work with, but thought it should have been better before they sent it to me.  Try Fine Lines first.

Quote from: Bartman on August 07, 2017, 09:16:24 AM

Burdar

There isn't one big all inclusive KIT.  There are a bunch of different combinations of parts that can be ordered so a KIT isn't practical.  They sell fuel lines in regular steel and SS.  They sell trans lines in regular steel and SS.  They sell brake lines in regular steel and SS.  They also sell a clip/bolt kit.  You need to order everything separately.

anlauto

I agree with Darren, there's too many variables to put together a kit....
Give Fine Lines a call, there staff will give you all the help you need :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mrbill426

Wonder, are the stainless lines about the same for installation; easy to fine tune for fit?

Quote from: Burdar on September 15, 2017, 12:56:37 PM
There isn't one big all inclusive KIT.  There are a bunch of different combinations of parts that can be ordered so a KIT isn't practical.  They sell fuel lines in regular steel and SS.  They sell trans lines in regular steel and SS.  They sell brake lines in regular steel and SS.  They also sell a clip/bolt kit.  You need to order everything separately.

anlauto

Quote from: Mrbill426 on September 15, 2017, 01:31:37 PM
Wonder, are the stainless lines about the same for installation; easy to fine tune for fit?

YES...yet they tend to leak more because it's hard to tighten them enough to get them to seat properly...You have to tighten, back it off, tighten again....etc... :wave:

Mrbill426

Oh goody, brake fluid on new paint.  Lots of rags I guess

Quote from: anlauto on September 15, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
Quote from: Mrbill426 on September 15, 2017, 01:31:37 PM

YES...yet they tend to leak more because it's hard to tighten them enough to get them to seat properly...You have to tighten, back it off, tighten again....etc... :wave:

Burdar

I use DOT5 fluid. It doesn't hurt paint. Fine Lines recommends a little pipe sealant on the back side of the flare on the SS lines.