Main Menu

Dr Diff 10.7 rear disk pics request

Started by 1973Barracuda, December 07, 2019, 03:40:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1973Barracuda

Back in the states for a short time and am trying to finish up my S60 install. I have the Dr Diff 10.7 rears to install. You would think it would be an easy install, but oddly enough the lines are not seeming to go together so easy. Anyone have some pics of the hose routing and caliper installation?

Brads70

Does this help?

1973Barracuda

Brad,

That may. It looks like your calipers are clocked a bit different than mine. I am not sure mine will rotate any more.

Brads70

Quote from: 1973Barracuda on December 07, 2019, 03:58:11 PM
Brad,

That may. It looks like your calipers are clocked a bit different than mine. I am not sure mine will rotate any more.
Maybe the caliper brackets can be swapped side to side?

1973Barracuda

I will check, but I don't think so.

I really thought this kit would be easy.....not so much. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

shawge

The brackets can be swapped side to side but I believe the calipers are intended to be towards the rear.  Pics are of right (passenger) side.  I can take more if needed.

Take some pics of where you are stuck.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Brads70

Burdar

1973Barracuda

Thanks to all who have replied. I am up in Seattle visiting my parents for a week. Will update as soon as I get back to Charleston.

1973Barracuda

Back from Seattle. Had to post these pics with my phone, couldn't airdrop to my iPad. Will see how it turns out. Part of my concern is where the line won't really match up with the guides on the rear end.

1973Barracuda

1973Barracuda

And of course everything is upside down......
A bit painful with the phone

Burdar

Take the line clamps off and weld them back on where you need them.  Also, I'd cut your hard line back a lot shorter and run the braided line over onto the housing.  I don't like how it's in a big loop like that.  On mine, I'm going to have the SS lines shortened and re-flared.  Fine Lines said they would do that for me no problem. 

Dr Diff's kit comes with brake hose brackets.(to hold the hose where the hose and hard line come together)  You can mount those anywhere you want on the axle tubes. They don't have to be out near the wheels.  Look at my pictures.  I'm going to have the hard line and hose meet somewhere in the middle of the tube.

1973Barracuda

Burdar, the bracket I got in the kit can only be mounted in one spot, it has two machine screws that go in pre drilled holes where the flexible and hard line come together. I really hate to weld on this Dana as it is powder coated. I may get more line and bend it myself prior to that. But, that may be the solution. I really only see one way to clock the brackets on the housing, so I believe that takes it out of the equation.

Thanks for the response brother

Burdar

That bracket can be welded onto the axle tube wherever you want it to be.

Take a closeup picture of where you have that bracket mounted right now.  I'm curious where you have it.  I don't remember my instruction sheet showing it mounted over by the caliper.  I thought I'd either have to weld it to the housing or drill/tap holes in the housing for the supplied screws.