Main Menu

Dr Diff 10.7 rear disk pics request

Started by 1973Barracuda, December 07, 2019, 03:40:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1973Barracuda

I will get a pic. It doesn't show in the instructions where it goes, there are just a few picture really. On the caliper, on the inside near the axle housing, there are two holes that line up with that L bracket.

Brads70

Quote from: 1973Barracuda on December 17, 2019, 01:18:27 PM
Burdar, the bracket I got in the kit can only be mounted in one spot, it has two machine screws that go in pre drilled holes where the flexible and hard line come together. I really hate to weld on this Dana as it is powder coated. I may get more line and bend it myself prior to that. But, that may be the solution. I really only see one way to clock the brackets on the housing, so I believe that takes it out of the equation.

Thanks for the response brother

It's been awhile since I did mine but I think your describing the e-cable tabs that get bolted to the caliper bracket , they are not for the flexible lines . Like I said I might be wrong it was almost 10 years ago. Looking at others pictures looks like the rotor and caliper bracket have changed . The rotors I'm using the rotor hat is much deeper , mine are from a Toyota Cressida  Cass told me.

Edit: I think I'm wrong about those tabs..... 

1973Barracuda

Brad, I will check that out. I have the e brake cable, will play with that on the morning.

Again, thanks to all with any assistance.

MOPAR MITCH

When installing this rear disc 10.75" setup, does it change the rear track width?  Perhaps the thickness of the rotor mount-to-axle will push the wheel out a little vs stock drum???   If I remember, E-Berg did an article on this a few years ago in Mopar Action mgxn indicating the track width differences (increases) of different brand rear disc setups.

Burdar

It's been awhile since I test fit mine together but I think there would be a slight increase in track width.  The caliper bracket goes onto the axle studs and then the axle slides in.  The thickness of the caliper bracket is probably slightly thicker then the drum brake backing plate/washer/gasket thickness.  Most of the change though would be in the thickness of the rotor vs the thickness of the drum.  If you are completely maxed out with your current wheel/tire combo you might have an issue but I don't think most people would have one.  :alan2cents:

1973Barracuda

In my instance it is not an issue. I ordered a b body rear end. The room I have is ridiculous. I have so much room, I would feel guilty not stuffing an enormous tire in there.

shawge

Yes, the Dr Diff rear brakes increase the track width by 3/16" per side (or 3/8" total)

Quote from: Burdar on December 18, 2019, 11:58:35 AM
It's been awhile since I test fit mine together but I think there would be a slight increase in track width.  The caliper bracket goes onto the axle studs and then the axle slides in.  The thickness of the caliper bracket is probably slightly thicker then the drum brake backing plate/washer/gasket thickness.  Most of the change though would be in the thickness of the rotor vs the thickness of the drum.  If you are completely maxed out with your current wheel/tire combo you might have an issue but I don't think most people would have one.  :alan2cents:
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

MOPAR MITCH

T/Anks for track width replies.... that slight 3/16" increase might require me to open up the fender lips a little bit more... even though they're flushed already... to fit my 16x10 rims with 275-45-16 Hoosiers (rims have a 5"back-space)... and the fit is already very close (pinky-finger clearance) .. and the car is lowered... and raced hard in pylon AX and road course HSAX/HPDE events.   IF/whenever I make the swap.. I'll let everyone know the results.