Main Menu

Front Brake Drums 70 challenger

Started by Mopar5, May 16, 2019, 08:52:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopar5

looking for advice , I have the factory RT  11x3 front drums on my car and they are too thin too turn. First question is what is the best way to get the old hubs out and into the new drums? Second question does anyone have a source for new 11 inch drums looking for a quality drum at hopefully a good price. Thanks

anlauto

You can upgrade to "Muscle Car Brakes" but it's not cheap http://musclecarbrakes.com/stage3.html  Otherwise I would just get new drums from Rockauto and use a press to remove the studs and hub.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

I like the look of that company's brake products. Has anyone used them? Curious how they perform.

Mopar5

Im keeping this car bone stock  trying to get it as close to the day when it left the factory. So do you press out the studs first or can you just press on the hub center and press it all out at once?

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 16, 2019, 09:39:13 AM
I like the look of that company's brake products. Has anyone used them? Curious how they perform.

I've used them twice. They work nice, but I wouldn't really know because I don't drive my customer's cars that often.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

BIGSHCLUNK

I.m sure I still have drums / spindles ect from when I converted to disc. Your welcome to them, but shipping could be pricey. That stuff is heavy!

70/6chall

My '70 Challenger has drums all around. Originally from factory it came with 10" brakes on all 4 corners. But through the years to now it has ended up with 11x2 1/2 in back due to a rear end change. I added the 11x3 in. brakes in front for daily driving and stopping duties here in L.A.
And it's still a Slant6 car. Thanks,   Al

70 Challenger Lover

Press out the studs one at a time. On the last one, the hub will drop out.

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 16, 2019, 11:42:29 AM
Press out the studs one at a time. On the last one, the hub will drop out.

:iagree: ...on your foot

70 Challenger Lover

BIGSHCLUNK

Mopar5

blown motor

@Mopar5  I have a full set of excellent brake drum assemblies from a 68 Charger RT but as Bibs says shipping will be expensive. These are in excellent, like new, condition. Can send pics if you want.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Mopar5

Hi Blown Motor, Thank you for that offer that's very nice of you. Id have to weigh one to see what shipping would be. That would also take some work on your part to box them. Mike

Mopar5

Hi Blown Motor, I replied back to your first PM about a week ago don't know if you got it but I just sent you another one, any way id be interested in talking some more about the drums. Thanks Mike