Main Menu

Front end alignment

Started by edison1970, June 08, 2020, 01:07:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

Bringing my car to the alignment shop tomorrow.  Going to remove the trim rings on my rally wheels. Is it necessary to remove the center cap also or should I just leave them on?

JS29

You can leave the center caps on.  :alan2cents:

cudamadd

Takeing my car to have the lower control arms gone and wheel alignment. Because I don't trust some people I take the centre's off so they would not damage them not saying they would but you never know . Plus getting parts here in Australia is tough some times

Katfish

Take them off, why chance it.
I always remove the alignment access covers too.
These guys are clueless, it's always an adventure.

dodj

If you are running modern tires, don't ask for a stock alignment.  :alan2cents:
Go for something like 3-4* positive caster, -1/2 - 1* camber and 1/16" toe in.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

Doesn't it match a mustang specs that you can ask for ?

dodj

You can leave the caps on...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

MoparLeo

Just an FYI, if the tire sizes and wheel offsets are staggered (different sizes front and rear) The factory ride height spec's will be moot. Optical alignment equipment will not work sometimes on staggered set ups as the front and rear track will be different.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Cudajason

Quote from: 73440 on June 08, 2020, 06:28:46 PM
Doesn't it match a mustang specs that you can ask for ?

yes, I believe it is a 2007 or so mustang.  If they can get it close to those specs you should be in good shape.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Northcuda

A Barracuda 70 that wants to be as big as a Cuda Trans am.

@Northcuda  , Thank you, saved the 'Skosh Chart '

MOPAR MITCH

Consider installing the MOOG upper Control Arm OFFSET BUSHINGS (installed opposite of their instructions)... so to be able to get better alignment figures, especially positive caster.   The factory setup will NOT allow any desirable alignment, not even the ~2007-ish Mustang specs.   

edison1970

Thanks for the feedback guys. Got it done today. Real stressful time. 65 mile round trip. The longest drive I have had with the car so far. Ran pretty good.

dodj

Quote from: edison1970 on June 09, 2020, 05:10:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Got it done today. Real stressful time. 65 mile round trip. The longest drive I have had with the car so far. Ran pretty good.
:bigthumb: :haha:
Good to hear. I laughed when you said it was stressful. I go through the same thing every spring after the 'winter work'. I take it out for a shakedown cruise expecting to find out what I forgot to attach or tighten etc.