Main Menu

Front end issues

Started by Squire Edgar, September 10, 2017, 12:55:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Squire Edgar

First post on here, found this site through CC.com where I am Magicr, (decided to use my grandpas name on here lol) great site by the way, anyway I upgraded tires and wheels after a new front end rebuild going from rallye wheels 235/60/14 by 5 inch on all corners to 275/60/15 by 8 inch on back and 235/60/15 by 7 inch on front with new aftermarket rallyes,

With the old wheels and tires I got a front end alignment which was great with no problems. When I installed new wheels and tires on it seemed to drive fine, I had a noise coming from front passenger side wheel so I jacked car up to spin and found out it was a loose beauty ring, I did notice that jacking up front made front wheels angle in like the back of a Volkswagen when jacked up in the back, now when I drive it squeals and the tires are angled in on the bottom (camber/caster?). Do I just need to get it realigned for the new wheel/tire combo?

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site  :ohyeah:
It is obviously not aligned properly if yu can see the tires are angled incorrectly
The main problem is that with radial tires you need totally different alignment specs
you will find them on this site but basically max castor , 1/2* negative camber & 1/16" toe in

Squire Edgar

Thanks for the welcome, the previous tires were also radials, So I'm not sure what happened in the meantime, but oh well, off to the alignment shop I go.  :dunno:

Cuda Cody

Welcome @Squire Edgar   :welcome:  I think you will need another alignment as they should not squeals.  Our local Les Schawb here in Vancouver has done a few of them on E-Bodies for me and they do good work. 

RUNCHARGER

Welcome: It sounds like you should have the frontend looked at if your camber has changed. Perhaps worn parts or loose camber adjustment bolts.
Sheldon

Squire Edgar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 10, 2017, 01:58:01 PM
Welcome @Squire Edgar   :welcome:  I think you will need another alignment as they should not squeals.  Our local Les Schawb here in Vancouver has done a few of them on E-Bodies for me and they do good work.
Les Schwab did the alignment here in Medford, so maybe they will stand by their work, everything looks good and in place, so we shall see, thanks.

Squire Edgar

Took car to Les Schwab where it was aligned again, tech took it for a drive after alignment and within the first turn it was out again, came back to check the lower control arm bushings to find out they had not been replaced by the shop that did the front end work.  :angry: Back to the shop it goes.

RUNCHARGER

There you go. Boy will you enjoy driving it once it is made right.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Squire Edgar on September 21, 2017, 09:05:23 PM
Took car to Les Schwab where it was aligned again, tech took it for a drive after alignment and within the first turn it was out again, came back to check the lower control arm bushings to find out they had not been replaced by the shop that did the front end work.  :angry: Back to the shop it goes.

That's very common. Nobody wants to change them because it's a big pain in the ass.