Main Menu

Hotchkis rear springs pic and review request

Started by 1973Barracuda, August 05, 2018, 04:07:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1973Barracuda

New spring time for me as I am putting a new rear end in, just another excuse to spend more money.

Please send me a pic of you ride and thoughts on the performance of it. Also issues, ie-it was too low etc

Thanks!

Jason

dave73

They are low, but I love it. They ride great. Im running a 275/60/15 rear tire and no issues with figment. No rubbing unless you hit a bad bump in the road or have 2 large adults in the back

1973Barracuda

303 Mopar

@dave73chally that is beautiful!  A lot of people think I have lowered springs but they are stock with 18" wheels. Just another option.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 05, 2018, 09:24:32 PM
@dave73chally that is beautiful!  A lot of people think I have lowered springs but they are stock with 18" wheels. Just another option.

Especially good looking idea with Yearone cast aluminum rallye wheels IMO

1973Barracuda

303, that is also a great looking ride!

I am figuring while I am replacing the rear, I would put new(hopefully better handling) springs in. I am thinking if they make my car handle better, it is worth the money. Not autocrossing, but want a decent handling car.

ZEN357

I had a Hotchkis suspension on my 91 Z/28 years ago and loved how it handled.  It was just the right ride height and handling was great.  I'd post some pics if I had any.

dave73

Reach out to hotchkis and see if they will be at any nearby shows with their E-Max Challenger. I saw it a few years back at Carlisle. Between the way it looked and how it handled, sold me on going with their products. I also love that you can buy them through Summit/Jegs/Amazon for good deals at times. For example, I got their UCA's on Amazon for 400 brand new on sale when they normally go for 600+

303 Mopar

Quote from: 1973Barracuda on August 07, 2018, 04:19:40 AM
303, that is also a great looking ride!

I am figuring while I am replacing the rear, I would put new(hopefully better handling) springs in. I am thinking if they make my car handle better, it is worth the money. Not autocrossing, but want a decent handling car.

Sounds great!  Go the their website and get on their mailing list, they have great sales. Look for a Labor Day sale coming up.