Main Menu

Hotchkis rear sway bar

Started by dodj, February 04, 2018, 06:08:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Thinking of a Hotchkis rear bar, but, I have moved in my springs 1.5". Can anybody give me the width measurement of this bar?
Maybe a pic of the bar location on the axle tube by the springs?
:help:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

303 Mopar

The width is approx 41".  Here are a couple pics of the bar installed on my '70 Cuda.  I have about 2" clearance between the bar and the stock location springs.

Brads70

I can get a measurement if you want it but that's the good thing about their mounting design as it doesn't matter on the rear end width. Unless your worried about the rear tires rubbing it? To get extra clearance on mine I made this bushing so I could be sure the bolt head wouldn't hit the leaf spring  . I have DrDiff's relocation kit but can't remember how much it is 1" or 1 1/2" ?  Using b-body width rear end.... if that helps.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jordan

I have the Hotchkis rear sway bar in the back of my Cuda with a Dr.Driff relocation kit.  It fits.  Just watch that the bolt head doesn't interfere with the leaf.  It is a tight fit, but does fit.  At least on mine.  If it is too tight, use the fitting Brad showed. 

Good Luck.

"Don't brake until you see God!"

Brads70

Quote from: jordan on February 15, 2018, 12:46:40 PM
I have the Hotchkis rear sway bar in the back of my Cuda with a Dr.Driff relocation kit.  It fits.  Just watch that the bolt head doesn't interfere with the leaf.  It is a tight fit, but does fit.  At least on mine.  If it is too tight, use the fitting Brad showed. 

Good Luck.

I made my own design but Hotchkis sells  a similar solution for leaf spring clearance.
http://www.hotchkis.net/product/mopar-stud-dog-bone-conversion-replaces-end-link-bolts-on-dog-bone-applications/?mk=40&yr=1970&md=286&sm=20