Main Menu

Inline Tube

Started by nicka, July 27, 2020, 05:56:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nicka

I was at the Chrysler's of Carlisle and stopped by the Inline Tube vendor.  I mentioned that I have a 71 Barracuda that I'm working on that needs some lines.  I went with the larger fuel lines.  As for brakes, the Barracuda came with front disks, but I didn't have a rear axle for it.  I'm leaning on the Moser Dana 60 with drums.  Well, the parts showed up at my home and looking at the invoice I noticed the following:

SMFG70656A
1970-73 Mopar E-Body (Challenger/'Cuda) w/8 1/4 Rear 3/16" Rear Axle Brake Line (1 of 2), Stainless
SMFG70656B
1970-73 Mopar E-Body (Challenger/'Cuda) w/8 1/4 Rear 3/16" Rear Axle Brake Line (2 of 2), Stainless

I noticed the 8 1/4 on two items.  I know the base models came with 8 1/4 rear, but would this work for a Moser Dana 60?

anlauto

I would hope it's a misprint, not too many E Bodies came with an 8 1/4 rear axle.

However Dana 60 and 8 3/4 use the same brake lines :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nicka

Well, I gave up with emails to support so I called sales this morning.  Based on what sales told me, the 8 1/4 wont work with the Dana.  My option was to return everything or bite the bullet on those two parts and keep the rest.  The cost of the two parts are around $30 US.  Decided to keep everything and order axles lines for the Dana.  Not worth losing the Chrysler Carlisle discount and getting charged a restocking fee if I were to return.  They are not taking partial returns.  Oh well, live an learn.  Next time, don't rely on reviewing an order on their electronic pad, but get a paper copy.  I didn't see the 8 1/4 on the electronic pad.