Main Menu

Power Steering Pump #'s

Started by justincollier, December 01, 2022, 07:16:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

justincollier

I need help decoding the numbers in the pics. Based on the numbers, does this appear to be an original pump for my 72 Barracuda 340, built June 1?

anlauto

Good question, is the "352N" date March 5th 1972 or the 35 week of 1972 or none of the above  :haha: @6bblgt Dan you need your help :whiteflag:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

I think the casting number 2537955 is the same on all Federal power steering pumps
I have what I believe is a '72 pump around here somewhere - I'll see if I can find it (& others) to see if there is some pattern to the other "352N" number

352nd day of 1971 ???  :dunno:  although that was a Saturday  :('
35th week of '72 would be September, too late for his 'cuda

3/5/72 works best for his cuda, but that's a Sunday  :thinking:

6bblgt

justincollier

Thanks for the quick responses Alan @anlauto and Dan @6bblgt.
I purchased a reman as there was a lot of play in the shaft. I was going to keep it, but thought I'd check and see if it wasn't obviously not for my car, and if it wasn't turn it in for a core.

Another question related to the pumps, were the pumps and pulleys black? It appears that someone in the past did a poor spray bomb job on my motor, and the pump and pulley got a coat of Chrysler Corporate Blue.

anlauto

Should be black for sure along with the mounting brackets etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration