Main Menu

Leaf Spring questions

Started by acudadude, August 01, 2018, 08:20:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

acudadude

Ok i bought the made in Mexico Mopar XHD's from summit back in may 2013 and install them plus all new hardware. I did not know that they were made out of recycled yogo's or old ricer metal  :) so today there sagging and i do not like it, i wanted to get that air shock look with the springs, so now i have to do this all over again. Question do the spring have different part numbers and whats the difference between driver and pass. side?Looking at espo 1.5 or 2'' over stock. Other question since i have to remove these junk mopar xhd spring can they be made to raise ride height ,whats involved or do i use them for boat anchors thks!

Cuda Cody

I think there are places that will re-arch springs and change the ride height.  Just a thought.   :notsure:

RUNCHARGER

The factory XHD springs had a half leaf pointing forward on the right side and a half leaf pointing rearward on the drivers side. What I have done is to add another main leaf (with the spring eyes cut off) underneath the main leafs and that will most likely gain you your height back. Or you can just buy new springs from somewhere else.
Sheldon

acudadude

Thanks for the replys ; i went and checked looks like i got the drivers and pass side on wrong anyway. I dont think this is gonna effect ride height; but what would it do if anything?

RUNCHARGER

It won't effect ride height. The factory engineers did that to promote traction and straighter launches under power. I had a Hemi in one of my Challengers with normal HD springs and the torque of the engine would actually steer the car a bit and make it want to change lanes. With the proper XHD springs the car will tend to go a bit straighter.
Sheldon

acudadude

heres some pics i now u guys like pictures

Cuda Cody

Can you post a photo of the side so we can see where they side compared to the wheel well?  It does kinda look like the spring is a little flat?  :huh:

acudadude

some side pix tight fit in my garage best i could do for now

HP2

Those actually look normal to me.  As installed they should only have around 1.5" of arch with weight on them. The XHD spring design was made to control wrap, not raise the ride height.

If you want that air shock look, than i'd suggest a +2.

RUNCHARGER

I agree: They look normal to me as well.
Sheldon

acudadude

Some old pic of the day they were installed in case anyone wants to see for there reference