Main Menu

LH threaded wheel studs

Started by Dodgey1, March 30, 2023, 04:26:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dodgey1

I have a 1970 R/T SE that I am in the process of restoring. Currently original components throughout.

Embarrassingly I was in the process of taking off the front wheels to replace the front suspension components (ball joints, tie-rods etc) and discovered the left hand thread wheel studs on the drivers side. Discovered by not realising they were left hand thread on the drivers side and snapping a stud off ...  :(

I haven't had much luck in tracking down La thread wheel studs. Are there any out there?

In the event that it's a no, who sells RH thread replacements for the 70 Challenger? the ones i've seen don't appear to be correct - they all seam to have a tapered shank?

Rich G.

If you have any old school parts stores around that has a Dorman book you can get the part number and search that way.

Ramman

Well, I at least looked. All I have is 5 left hand thread rears for a Dana. Maybe convert to right hand thread. It's done alot here in the states. Plus right hand threads are readily available through Rockauto.