Main Menu

cuda tie rod link clamps

Started by culp71, June 18, 2018, 05:29:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

culp71

I put on new inner/outer tie rod ends, along with the new sleeve and clamps, I tightened the clamps but the sleeve still turns by hand...the clamps appear to be right. should the clamp be moved in further where the sleeve is larger? the clamp tip seem to touch long before the clamp was pulled shut by the bolt...
they have some drag but I pretty sure they should not be able to turned by hand...

Rich G.

Is the sleeve turning or is it the tie rods that are turning. The tie rods will move if you twist them. There supposed to do that. Just make sure the sleeve isn't the only thing moving. I put the bolts under the slot in the sleeve when I tighten the clamps.

Burdar

Can you post a picture?  Your saying that the clamp is fully compressed so the ends are touching and the tie rod can still turn in the sleeve?

The stock sleeve had a raised "ball" like impression that keeps the clamps in place.(probably for shipping purposes) You can't really move the clamps to a different location because of this.

The open end of the clamp should be positioned at the slot in the sleeve.

Chryco Psycho

C body links on an E body end maybe as the thread is bigger

RUNCHARGER

Yes: The C-body setup is larger. Maybe the tie rod ends are undersized offshore?
Sheldon