Main Menu

New Cragar wheel And Tire Question With Pictures 71 Challenger Convertible

Started by Daveh, April 18, 2017, 02:01:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

I have a wheel and tire dilemma for my 71 Challenger Convertible.  I purchased my Gragar wheels a couple of years ago but as we all know job and family take priority.  Anyway I'm finally putting the car back together and I'm ready to purchase my tires for the Cragars.  My intention was to get 245 60 15's for the front and 255 60 15's for the back.  The front wheels are 15X7 with a 4.25" offset and the rear are 15X8 with a 4.5" offset.  Well the beaters that I have on the car are 235 15 60 with a 4.25" offset.  They were mostly on dolly's so I never really inspected them much.

Well I just looked and the tires are hitting my drivers brake line (see pic).  The passenger side doesn't hit.

•   Here is my question.  Is there another brake line that I can install where it doesn't hit the wheel and routes differently? 
•   I really wanted to put 245 60 15's on there and I heard many of you have used them.  Am I stuck with using 235 60 15's? 
•   I feel like I'm missing something since so many have used 245 60 15's.  Am I missing something?

I've included pics of the beater wheel hitting the brake line.  I've included pics of the new wheel with the specs and I've included pics of the back of the current wheel which I think is from a later model Mopar.

If you have a different brake line please let me know the part number.  Thanks

Dave

1 Wild R/T

That brake line isn't installed correctly... It should go down the inner fender, under the frame rail & back up the outside of the inner fender.... Also there was just a thread about guys having problems with 245's rubbing... I've always run 235/60-15's in the front..
Modify message

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Brake line is not routed right.  I can snap a photo.... stand by:

Daveh

Thanks Cody.  The P.O. installed it that way and I installed it the way I got it.  Thanks guys.  So I guess 234 60 15's is the winner. 

Cuda Cody

Here's an old photo of what I think they should be routed like...

1 Wild R/T

The 235 vs 245 debate continues, I like my cars slightly lower, some folks like their cars to be off road capable...   From a 235 to a 245 is only a 10mm change, less than 7/16" in tread width but just enough to matter....