Main Menu

New set up Leaf-springs/rims

Started by Husk Challenger, October 16, 2017, 01:50:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

Every time I see a picture of my setup with the 1.5" ESPOS I want to go back...but then I drive my car with the hotchkis and I love it. Maybe I should just buy another and have one of each...

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

Chryco Psycho

I like the last pic with the Hotchkiss springs bets  :alan2cents:

shawge

1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Shane Kelley

jordan

Hotchkis makes some pretty nice stuff that works for real world driving.  And you can buy parts individually as you can afford them.  If you have the money, get the Hotchkis springs, Fox shocks that are valved to work with those springs, and a set of 17-18" wheels.  Your car will be transformed in its driving behaviors and looks.   And you can crank out that job in a day!  Not much down time.   :stayinlane:
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Husk Challenger

Hey Jordan,

Thanks for comment. Sadly a pair of hotchkis Leaf-springs is about 1K$ once arrived in Europe.... Shipping + taxes fees. A "bit" too much for my wallet.  :dunno:
I know a guy who mount them on his car and he loves them!

Husk Challenger

Hey guys,

I am back on my thread after few months.

Here are the updates:
New wheels: 15x8 4,5Bs
New tires: 235/60 and 255/60
New front and rear shocks. The ones on the car were totaly "dead",
With the new set up the car is now 2 inches higher than before at the front. So i have a better clearance on the bellhousing.

I added some pics because now i would like to change the leaf springs.

I would like to keep the actual stance of the car or a very little higher (or maybe go with 1/2 or 1 inch higher at the rear in order to have a better clearance with the tires)

Any advice for ESPO (only this brand) set up?

Thank you

303 Mopar

I would suggest ESPO +1". Stock will lower your rear. I posted pics of my friends Challenger with just installed +1" here, and they have since settled 1/2" or so - https://forum.e-bodies.org/wheels-tires-brakes-suspension-and-steering/12/rear-leaf-spring/5566/msg81273#msg81273

Husk Challenger

Thanks Dan,

Indeed, +1" sounds good!
His tires are wider, so it should be good also for me with more clearance and no risk of rubbing....

jimynick

If you're willing and able, you could also scribe the 1/4 wheel lips and carefully grind off the portion of the lip that extends out past the w/o moulding which would give you another 1/8 to 3/16" clearance. You'd have to touch up the reduced edge, but that's not a big deal. Just a thought.  :thinking:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Husk Challenger

You are right, i can also grind this portion!

Thanks Jimynick

:bigthumb:

kawahonda

Husk, next time you remove a wheel, please measure your backspacing!

The stock 14" Rallye has about 3.75" backspacing (from what I measured). Those wheels look like they have even less than that which pushes your tires really close to the fender lips!

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

dave73

You're running 15x8 up front as well?