Main Menu

Power Brake Booster

Started by mopar thunder, December 29, 2019, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

Hi, I'm running into a clearence issue with my air intake pipe and the master cylinder. I have the stock power booster setup and it is a pretty large unit. Besides Hydro boost will another brake booster fit on my 1970 so I can have a little more room. My wifes 74 Cuda has a smaller one but I think that is a single stage.

mopar thunder

Can anyone show me their brake booster so I have an idea what would work? Here's what I have.

RUNCHARGER

You have a generic, aftermarket booster most likely an MBM.
Sheldon

70vert

I know you said no Hydro-Boost, but here is mine (70 Challenger). It is an awesome improvement, combined with 4-wheel discs.

Brads70

The set up for a Hemi would give you more room by offsetting the booster but it's not cheap? :bigmoney:

anlauto

I like the "wiper delete" option  :)

A stock brake booster would likely move the master cylinder rearward a bit more  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopar thunder

Thanks for the input. I wasn't aware it was an after market. I had it put on by a restoration shop awhile ago. I'll loo inot the stock on to see if it will move it rearward. That's what I am looking for.

mopar thunder

Quote from: 70vert on December 31, 2019, 07:58:09 AM
I know you said no Hydro-Boost, but here is mine (70 Challenger). It is an awesome improvement, combined with 4-wheel discs.

I wish I could go with a set up like yours. Just not in the budget currently. I don't have a power steering pump set up. Thanks for showing me though.

anlauto

Here's a picture of a stock set-up. Look how much further back the snout of the master cylinder is compared to say the top of the front shock
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

mopar thunder

Quote from: anlauto on January 02, 2020, 10:45:09 AM
Here's a picture of a stock set-up. Look how much further back the snout of the master cylinder is compared to say the top of the front shock

Oh yeah that is a good bit back farther back. That is the ticket. Roseville the best place to purchase?

anlauto

You can get a remanufactured one from any jobber like NAPA or even RockAuto