Main Menu

Power Brake Booster

Started by nicka, July 02, 2021, 07:49:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nicka

I'm trying to identify the manufacture of this Power Brake Booster.  My car is a '71 Barracuda disk/drum  and a late build: von: 628
After reviewing the threads on this site, I'm guessing its a Midland Ross?  I noticed the band type clamp and looks like some type of cad plating.

Floyd

Believe that's a Midland Ross unit.  Correct for most 71s (some early cars had the 70-style Bendix units). 

Burdar

Band holding the two halves together = Midland Ross
Two halves crimped together =Bendix

nicka

Manuel

Yes, Midland Ross.  Exactly as the one on my 71 Cuda.

Got here the name of BOOSTER EXCHANGE as a shop for them.   Those guys exceed anyone expectations.   

Floyd

Quote from: Manuel on July 03, 2021, 01:38:03 PM

Got here the name of BOOSTER EXCHANGE as a shop for them.   Those guys exceed anyone expectations.   

Yep, They did one of those for me and it turned out great.

http://boosterdeweyexchange.com/

nicka

Yupe.  A member posted a pic of a power brake booster redone by them.  The member also mentioned removing the surface scratches before sending it in.  Good to know.

Thanks again.

Mrbill426

@nicka  Yes the more you clean up the surface ahead of time the better the end result will be.  Mine was pretty rusty (pits too) so I soaked it in Evaporust which is nontoxic and works very well; if you go that route remove as much loose scale as you can first, and ANY grease/oil too.  The stuff will not remove paint so get any off too.  I used conditioning discs to smooth out as much of the pits and scratches as I could.  If you are having it plated any of that will show so the smoother the better.  If it will be painted not as big a deal.  When I sent mine in to the Booster Exchange they said about 6 weeks turnaround... it was.   You can call them with questions, they are really nice folks.

Quote from: nicka on July 03, 2021, 02:25:28 PM
Yupe.  A member posted a pic of a power brake booster redone by them.  The member also mentioned removing the surface scratches before sending it in.  Good to know.

Thanks again.