Main Menu

Power Steering Mounting 73 Challenger

Started by Marty73, March 11, 2019, 07:41:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty73

Need a quick favor as I cannot find a clear picture online (or in the forums when I searched).

My Challenger was missing it's power steering pump when I bought it and I think the one I got from the parts store is wrong.

Does/can someone post some pictures of their 73 318 Challenger power steering pump & brackets mounted to the engine. Either I have the wrong brackets or the wrong pump but have nothing to compare it too

Thanks!
       Marty
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Burdar

Don't have any good close-up ones. 

There is a small triangular bracket that mounts down low on the timing cover.  You can see it in the second picture.  This bracket has a couple angles bent into it. 

The flat triangular bracket that has the word "TOP" stamped in it goes against the water pump.  The largest bracket that has the long adjustment slot in it does on the outside...right against the "TOP" stamped bracket.

YellowThumper

I have these. Hope they help. And yes it is a PITA to figure out multiple orientations when all starts in a pile.

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

71383bee

Other pictures for reference.

73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Marty73

Thanks guys, I think they did give me the wrong pump. I'll go play with the brackets this weekend and see if I can figure them out
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack