Main Menu

Power Steering Valve Cover Bolt

Started by CudaHead, August 12, 2022, 10:48:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaHead

I'm looking for a bolt for my Power Steering Box valve cover. Anyone have one of these?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaHead

You would think that would work. Indeed, I did use a different bolt with a length of .75. That is really close, but it still was letting a small amount of fluid seep out. I found out that that bolt was bottoming out. I got a grade 8 bolt and washer. That worked better. I'm planning to add another washer.
I know I can get it to work. I looked everywhere and I could not find that original .73 bolt for sale. I know I could grind it down to .73.
I really want to use the correct bolt instead of a normal bolt.

VCODE

Quote from: CudaHead on August 12, 2022, 12:28:22 PM
You would think that would work. Indeed, I did use a different bolt with a length of .75. That is really close, but it still was letting a small amount of fluid seep out. I found out that that bolt was bottoming out. I got a grade 8 bolt and washer. That worked better. I'm planning to add another washer.
I know I can get it to work. I looked everywhere and I could not find that original .73 bolt for sale. I know I could grind it down to .73.
I really want to use the correct bolt instead of a normal bolt.

Call Frank B, He will have them.
Bob

CudaHead

Thanks for the tip.
Could you give me a hint. I searched Frank B and did not find him on this forum.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Cuda

Looks the same as  early (pre 74) small block cam retainer bolt.  Of course who has those laying around.
If you really can't find one  pm me .  I'll waste a buck and send one.  From a power box