Main Menu

QA1 control arms question

Started by Mrbill426, January 26, 2024, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

Anyone here have experience with installing QA1 lower control arms with a stock K-frame? The stock lower ball joints have bulges in the castings that strike the lower control arms to limit steering travel, but with the QA1's there are no obvious means to limit travel so the inner wheel rim(s) can rub on the upper control arm(s) in a tight turn.  Anyone dealt with that?  Thanks!

:wrenching:

340Challman

I'll be following this since I bought the same for my car. I'm still a ways away from install on mine.  :popcorn:
Kevin

Brads70

Good question, I don't know the answer to your question. But found when I built my front end I had to machine those nubs down some to get more turning radius as I used A-Body lower control arms and they contacted the lower in the wrong spot.

Mrbill426

The uppers in this case are adjustable SPC #97300.

Quote from: 340Challman on January 27, 2024, 04:41:43 AMI'll be following this since I bought the same for my car. I'm still a ways away from install on mine.  :popcorn:

PatO

I have the QA1 lower control arms on the stock K frame in my 72 Challenger along with the QA1 upper control arms installed. My car has the Foose Legend wheels, 17x7 with a 4" backspace, I believe. I can turn the car, lock to lock without any interference.  Initially, when I had the car first set up I had the front ride height at least an inch lower and on a hard turn over a drainage cross pan at a typical intersection here in Colorado, I did get a slight tire rub on the front inside fender.   Hope that helps.