Main Menu

Rear Sway Bar Mount Finish?

Started by Floyd, July 25, 2019, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

These should be bare/natural steel finish correct?

Floyd

JS29

76orangewagon

When I soaked my rusty brackets in Evapo-rust I found no indication of Black paint so I re-did mine natural.

anlauto

I hate to point out negative things....I think the natural colour looks great, but in your second picture, the bracket is mounted on backwards  :alan2cents:
The sway bar "link" goes behind the rear axle. :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Oops....sorry I just realized this was not your build thread :headbang: ....I'm sure you got it sorted out by now  :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

76orangewagon

Quote from: anlauto on September 06, 2019, 10:30:55 AM
I hate to point out negative things....I think the natural colour looks great, but in your second picture, the bracket is mounted on backwards  :alan2cents:
The sway bar "link" goes behind the rear axle. :bigthumb:

Good Catch and thanks for bringing it to my attention Alan...this picture was taken before I redid the rear end to get rid of the pitting but I put it back together exactly the same incorrect way, I'll swap them around this weekend.

anlauto