Main Menu

Recommendations Front Disc Brakes

Started by Aloha Randy, August 28, 2021, 03:59:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Aloha Randy

I have a 70 Challenger RT with Power HD Drums all around. I want to upgrade to front disc brakes but my car is also running 14" Rally Wheels. Without changing out all the wheels and tires, does anyone have a solution that worked for you? IS there a vendor that might sell a conversion package with all the needed parts? Thanks for your help and input!
Randy

Burdar

1 Wild R/T

https://www.doctordiff.com/10.95-front-disc-brake-kit.html

Before clicking buy it now Text or Email him, Ask about power assist or if not using it what M/C he suggests..

Quality Body Shop Drivetrain
"DoctorDiff"
110 Division St.
Polson, MT 59860
DoctorDiff's business is conducted entirely online. Please use the website to place orders. Questions can be asked via email, or sent via text to the number below.
doctordiff@gmail.com
(406) 646-6727
Hours of Operation
10 a.m - 6 p.m. M-F
Mountain Time

djw383

Dr Diff is a true asset to the hobby. He is always will to give guidance based on what you want end result performance to be.

MoparLeo

Here is an article that will give you some idea of what a complete upgrade entails using Factory parts. Enjoy.:
https://www.allpar.com/d3/history/mopar/brakes/disc-main.html
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

tparker

I bought a set a while back for my challenger with 14" wheels. My car isn't running so I can't say how good they are, but.... I have a couple issues. One is the booster and master cylinder isn't even close to a mopar design. So it looks really weird. Second the company doesn't really support Mopar, so not sure why they came out with this kit. THey have great resources for everything but Mopar and now don't really list this part. Third, I am not sure what replacement parts to use when I need to change rotors or pads. I take some of this into account. Go to someone that does Mopars specifically. I can't remember the manufacturer. I bought it cheap from Summit or somehwhere similar for about $800

Aloha Randy

Thanks for the link to this informative article. I am not sure if I can go to OEM style parts but I would like to. I do live in Hawaii and there are no wrecking yards and no Dodge dealers to lean on. Thanks again!

JS29

I just did the Dr Diff stage one brakes on my car, I recommend them and would use them again.   :yes:

Aloha Randy

Thanks, I will be calling them tomorrow!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Aloha Randy on August 29, 2021, 02:12:16 PM
Thanks, I will be calling them tomorrow!

As I mentioned earlier, Text him or Email him... He doesn't typically answer the phone, it takes to much time away from working on stuff, he's a hands on guy, not a sit in the office type...

You might be able to text him & get him to call you on his schedule...

Aloha Randy

Thanks for the insight and good info. I will see what works best for him to make contact and discuss.