Main Menu

repo road wheels 'magnums'

Started by realn96, March 11, 2017, 05:56:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

realn96

I  have two question here. one is ,on a 71 did the road wheels come with trim rings or was the wheel chrome?
second , is how are the new repo magnum wheels? anyone buy theses and install them? do they rust right away?
any input would be much appreciated.. :popcorn:

MoparDave

from what I see, 14 inch had the trim ring and 15 inch was all chrome not ring used.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

In 1970-1974 All E Bodies ONLY came with 14" Magnums all of which came with a trim ring. I don't believe these wheels are being reproduced. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  On an E-Body it was only 14" for the Road Wheels (Magnums) originally.    But you can find the reproduction is all sorts of sizes.   :twothumbsup:  Great looking wheels for an E-Body.  They are super cool.

Some 14"s and 15"s....
https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/challenger.cuda/wheels-.-brakes-.-rear-axle/wheels-.-reproduction/magnum-500

You can even get them in 17"!
https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/challenger.cuda/wheels-.-brakes-.-rear-axle/yearone-cast-magnum/mopar-magum-wheels_-kits

6bblgt

:iagree:

from the factory,  the 1970-'74 e-body "CHROME STYLE ROAD WHEEL" (sales code W23) was 14x5.5" & had a brushed trim ring w/polished lip

realn96

thanks guys for your help. I was thinking about buying them in 15". wondering if I should install the trim rings over the chrome? then again, that probably would start to rust the chrome where the trim ring tabs  hit the chrome rim! :thinking:
I do like the trim ring look better! But 14" with 3:91 probably not a good idea

303 Mopar

I would go 15" min, better selection of tires and they seem to fill the wheel well better. @Sleepychallenger just swapped 15" on his car and it made a big difference.

realn96

Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 12, 2017, 06:25:57 AM
I would go 15" min, better selection of tires and they seem to fill the wheel well better. @Sleepychallenger just swapped 15" on his car and it made a big difference.
I will go with the 15" thx.  Hope the chrome don't start rusting away or pitting.

fc7cuda

Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 12, 2017, 06:25:57 AM
I would go 15" min, better selection of tires and they seem to fill the wheel well better.

:iagree:

I wish the Road Wheels had been offered in 15" back in the day.  I sure like them better than the 15" Rallyes.   :alan2cents:

Burdar

QuoteHope the chrome don't start rusting away or pitting.

You could always put a 15" trim ring on those wheels.

RUNCHARGER

As a kid I probably spent hours looking at the factory 70 Cuda brochure with the airbrushed 15 inch road wheels.
Sheldon

erik70rt

Go with the 15" chrome and skip the trim rings.  IMO - magnums look better without the trim rings.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

JS29