Main Menu

repo road wheels 'magnums'

Started by realn96, March 11, 2017, 05:56:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

bc3j

Alway liked the magnums too.  Have a question about the Wheel Vintiques 54 series magnum wheels. They have a center bore of 2.125" but my front 11.75" rotors have a 2.72" hub. Does the interior design of the wheel allow for a correct fit?  Has anyone used the WV wheels?

Cuda Cody

I think I remember hearing that someone had an issue with their brakes and the size of the WV center but I can't remember what it was.  Might have to call WV and see what they say.

Quote from: bc3j on March 17, 2017, 08:24:30 AM
Alway liked the magnums too.  Have a question about the Wheel Vintiques 54 series magnum wheels. They have a center bore of 2.125" but my front 11.75" rotors have a 2.72" hub. Does the interior design of the wheel allow for a correct fit?  Has anyone used the WV wheels?

Burdar

I used to have a 76 Charger with the big rotors.  The stock 14x5.5 Road Wheels will NOT fit over the hub.  I tried.

bc3j

Thanks. I guess I'll give them a call. I was interested in the 15x7 wheels with the 4.5bs.  You guys are a great help.

Bluemonster71RT

I know this is months ago and not sure what you did. I ended up going with the 17in wheels from Y1. I have my original 14's but couldn't find a good selection of tires that would work for me. I toyed with getting the 15's but the price for them and the limited and probably soon to be very limited tire sizes really pushed me to get a tad more modern. I am happy how it looks. Though I do miss having white letters.

1 Wild R/T

My wheels are sort of Wheel Vintiques....First ya gotta know Mike Stallings a guy I met in the early 80's when he worked for Western Chrome/Western Wheel out of Fresno Ca.... At the time he did a little side business, he'd picked up an old wheel lathe, a press & a welder..... He was building custom wheels for muscle cars.....  He built a few sets of rally wheels for me, including a set or 15x14 Rally wheels for a buddies Pro Street Challenger.....  By the time I built my convertible Western Wheel was long gone, Mike had started a new company "Wheel Vintiques" & while he was becoming quite succesful & really was to busy to do small projects he still hooked me up....  I started with 14x5.5 Road wheels, hauled them down to Mike, he cut the centers out & welded them into 15x7 & 15x8 barrels... I got them back with the original plated center & a bare steel barrel....    I used OE 15x6.5 trim rings..... And OE Center caps...

RUNCHARGER

Nice! If memory serves the original Ford 14X7 "Magnums" needed a spacer to fit over a Mopar hub.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Oh, that reminds me.... I'm running 11.75 rotors & these wheels bolt right up, no issues...

realn96

that's the way I would have like to have done it too 1wild r/t! Looks Great!  I didn't get the wheels yet. Car is not close enough yet! I will probably buy the 15"

JH27N0B

I wish someone had come out with 15" magnums like that with trim rings!  :drooling:
My vert has 14" magnums with Good Year Eagle ST tires.  Time to get new tires!
So it would be a fine time to upgrade to 15"s but I can't live with the no trim ring.  I don't mean to ruffle any feathers here, but when I see no trim ring Magnums on a Mopar, I always think what are those Ford wheels doing on there? 
So I guess I'm stuck with 14's.  :dunno:

Burdar

Is there a reason you can't put a 15" Rallye wheel trim ring on a 15" chrome magnum wheel? You'd have the larger wheel with a factory look.

RUNCHARGER

I agree with you on that. Just make sure a brushed trim ring will fit although the trim ring should have a flat face to look right.
Sheldon