Main Menu

Repro 15x7 rallye from USW vs WV

Started by Skdmark, November 13, 2020, 12:28:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

Would like to replace the custom wheels on my Barracuda with 15x7 rallyes.
I've seen comparisons of the Wheel Vintiques repro rallyes vs original 390 wheels. The Wheel Vintiques take after the '72 and up Canadian made rallyes with the more pronounced D shrouding.

Do the repro rallye wheels from US Wheel have the same issue?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

RUNCHARGER

Yes, and the even bigger issue is trim rings that look even close to being right.
Sheldon

Skdmark

That's what I was afraid of.
I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of originals when my car was not originally equipped with them.

The trim rings are just awful too.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

MoparLeo

Unless you are stuck having to have "numbers matching..." new is much better quality and safety wise. Newer alloys, better machining, welding ( a truer running wheel) and new lug nut seats. Use new lugnuts with the proper seat angle with your new wheels to prevent seat damage on the rims and use a torque wrench when installing. Factory spec is 65lb. on a 1/2 stud. The modern cars have larger, hardened, finer thread studs that are usually rated for 110 lbs. + Don't try this much or you will snap studs.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...