Main Menu

15" tire choices?

Started by torredcuda, April 27, 2022, 04:41:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

Ok, after looking at 17" wheels and tires till I`m crosseyed :looney: I have given up! I even tried 17"/18" combos although I think 17 is max that looks good but can`t find any that meet my wants/needs - wheel style I like, tire brand/size I want and that are currently available/in stock. I`ve found a lot of tires are either discontinued or not readily avaiable and the new replacement models either aren`t available in the same sizes or have been back ordered for months with no ETA. So .....at least for this season I am just going to replace my very old BFG`s with new tires so I can start driving i. So far my only options seem to be BFG, Cooper or Mickey Thompsons. I haven`t checked on availabilty yet (todays mission) but are there any other brands to look for? 235/60/15 front and 255/60/15 rear
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

dodj

Not sure if they are still offered but Firestone had/has a Firehawk line that looked decent in 15"

I hear ya on looking at wheels to fit ebodies. Offset and hub bore take a lot of wheels off the table.
I ended up using American Racing Torque Thrust M wheels in 17"
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Bullitt-

I've seen some Mastercraft RWL at shows.   Made by Cooper tire, as is Micky Thompson from what I'm seeing
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

torredcuda

Quote from: Bullitt- on April 27, 2022, 05:29:01 AM
  I've seen some Mastercraft RWL at shows.   Made by Cooper tire, as is Micky Thompson from what I'm seeing

I think both Cooper and M/T are owned/made by Goodyear now.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Bullitt-

Quote from: torredcuda on April 27, 2022, 05:41:49 AM

Sad to hear this, the WWW says Goodyear acquired Cooper last year. I've had several sets of Coopers & have nothing but good things to say....
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Mrbill426

I bought and had mounted a set of Coopers last Summer for my ongoing project.  Have not roaded them yet as it's not quite ready, but I am hopeful they will be fine.

Quote from: Bullitt- on April 27, 2022, 06:07:38 AM
Quote from: torredcuda on April 27, 2022, 05:41:49 AM

Sad to hear this, the WWW says Goodyear acquired Cooper last year. I've had several sets of Coopers & have nothing but good things to say....

MoparLeo

Cooper will probably still operate separately just like BFG who has been owned by Michelin since the late 80's.
The Mickey Thompson  in RWL looks much better than " Cooper Cobra".
Mickey Thompson tires were actually available back in the 70's
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

bc3j

I gave Vitour Galaxy R1 235/60-15 tires a try. RWL and V rated. Got about a 1000 miles on them and so far so good. I believe 255/60-15 is also available.

Skdmark

I was just going to ask if a anyone had any experience with the 15" v rated Vitour Galaxy. Sad that the other 15 inch tires on the market have relatively lower speed ratings. If the Vitours hold up, they look like a good option.

Like several others I've struggled with the >15 inch rim look on an essentially stock looking muscle car.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: