Main Menu

Torsion bar opinions

Started by Those, August 26, 2018, 07:17:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: THE ZUKE on March 24, 2019, 04:06:19 AM
Topic relly interesting  :bigthumb: Now I know one thing : I have to change my KYB shocks.  ;)
I have no experience with hotchkiss but am very happy with my adjustable QA1 shocks.
https://www.qa1.net/suspension/street-performance-racing-shocks-struts-and-pro-coil-systems/stocker-star-non-coil-over-shocks/501-aluminum-stocker-star-shock
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: Those on September 08, 2018, 09:46:55 AM
These came today so I'll let you guys know what the difference in ride is between these and the KYB shocks I have know. Thanks for the complements on the Cuda.

I'd bet you will notice a BIG difference!  :D

Those

The KYBs where new so they had a nice ride, softer than the Hotchkiss. Biggest difference is on bumps. The Hotchkiss are much better and makes the front feel more solid. I still have Monroe's on the back so and upgrade there is in the future. I'm thinking about bigger torsion bars next. Lots of guys seem to be going with the 1.03 bars but I was reading how they can cause a lot of flex in the the body and I don't have sub frame connectors. Might be better to put my money into sub frame connectors first then bigger bars later.

THE ZUKE

Quote from: Those on March 24, 2019, 06:45:45 AM
The KYBs where new so they had a nice ride, softer than the Hotchkiss. Biggest difference is on bumps. The Hotchkiss are much better and makes the front feel more solid. I still have Monroe's on the back so and upgrade there is in the future. I'm thinking about bigger torsion bars next. Lots of guys seem to be going with the 1.03 bars but I was reading how they can cause a lot of flex in the the body and I don't have sub frame connectors. Might be better to put my money into sub frame connectors first then bigger bars later.

Thanks for the explanation.  :bigthumb:

I have the same concern because I live in the countryside and roads are bumpy. Having mounted a steering box BORGESON has greatly improved the behavior but I must still be able to improve by changing the shocks.

I know that the wheels in 17 "slightly deteriorate the handling compared to 14 or 15" but I like the look of the 17 ". I had the same on my ex Mustang 69.