Main Menu

What 14" spare rim is correct for my 70 Cuda 340?

Started by njsteve, February 07, 2021, 11:13:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

Sorry, no broadcast sheet to go by, only the fender tag. The car came with 14" rallye wheels. What is the correct spare rim I should be hunting for. Is it a 14x5-1/2 stamped steel? and if so, what part number would be proper. Scheduled build date was 4/30/70. Thanks!

EV2RTSE

njsteve

Was there a superceded part number for that rim? When i search for it there doesnt seem to be any showing up on ebay/google, etc under that original part number. Is it that hard of a rim to locate?

anlauto

The 1970 sunroof Challengers I restored a while back, all came with 14" wheels and have a  16 in the box marked "spare" on their broadcast sheets.
Galen's little white book has 16 as part number 3420977 a 14 X 5.5 stamped steel wheel  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EV2RTSE

I wonder if the part number did change from early - late in 1970. I had this info saved for my car but instead of going with 14" wheels I went ahead and got 15's and a space saver instead, so I never bothered to look into the 14" spare rims much further.  :dunno:

EV2RTSE

My parts catalog dated Jan 1972 also shows 3420977