Main Menu

Wheel Spacers

Started by Mark_B, April 08, 2020, 08:41:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mark_B

Hi All,

Does anyone use wheel spacers on their E Body?  If so what width do you use?  Are their any downsides to them?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

BIGSHCLUNK

I prefer wheels with the proper back spacing.  :notsure:

GoodysGotaCuda

I've put about 120,000 miles on wheel spacers from my Cuda, daily WRX and my old daily Wrangler.

Never a single problem and that Wrangler was ran HARD.

Cuda has a wheel shim on the rear with proper extended studs. WRX and Wrangler used bolt on spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dodj

I have 25mm hub centric spacers on the front for probably about 5 years or so. No issues.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

The ones I have are custom made by BORA. (Mike's recommendation actually  :bigthumb:)

If the wheels you want don't come in the correct backspacing for you, don't be afraid of using a quality spacer.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GrandpaKevin

I'm using 3/4" spacers from Summit Racing on the wife's Challenger to get the 15x10 wheel/ 325/50-15 tire combo centered correctly with the B body rear end.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAF-ALL44122

Definitely needed longer wheel studs.
I check the torque on the lugnuts often and everything is working perfectly.

headejm

You must really love your wife to keep checking the torque on the wheels.  :rofl: