Main Menu

What brake pads are you using?

Started by gzig5, September 27, 2018, 08:50:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

I've got factory discs on the front of my 73 Cuda.  The rotors and pads that came with the car are new but of unknown origin.  The car doesn't stop well and while the trans is out, I'm going to do a full fluid bleed and I'd like to put some performance pads on the front.  I've had good luck with EBC Greenstuff on my truck but am leaning towards the Yellowstuff for the Cuda because of better stopping potential.  I don't care about dust, but I don't want anything noisy.  Needs to work on the street, ie.. good bite when cold.  Looking for other suggestions to investigate that will fit on this car.  Car will be driven aggressively and see some auto-x events so I want to get it as good as I can until the budget allows for an upgrade.  Fronts do most of the work but I need rear drum shoes too, but I haven't run across a "performance" drum shoe??

Burdar

When I worked on cars for a living(a long time ago) we always used Car Quest "blue" pads.  They had a cheaper "red" line that we never used.  The "blue" pads always worked good for us.  Since Car Quest got bought out by Advance Auto, I'm not sure what the equivalent is any more.

dodj

I use ceramic pads with Baer cross drilled and slotted rotors. It was a huge improvement over stock. If you are looking into auto-cross I would recommend the Baer rotors.
I got them from here
https://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3941A0A0.aspx

I can't remember the brand of pads for sure but I think they were Bendix. I think they were the only manufacturer to offer ceramic for the stock e-body caliper.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Don't get those yellow stuff EBC pads. I had them with my Viper brembo calipers. They work great when they get real hot but horrible on the street when not hot.  :alan2cents: