Main Menu

Which Brake Booster Decal- 1972 Challenger

Started by 72 Challenger, March 27, 2018, 07:18:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

Hello again!

I have a 1972 Challenger and I need to order a new brake booster decal. The one that was on there was the decal with the number 45 on it. It was well faded and mostly curled off.

Since the car is fairly original I'd like to get the booster decal that was correct. The car is a 72 Rally, 340, Power disc brake car. The booster is cadmium plated.

Is the 45 the correct decal? or should it be different?

Thanks!
Someday I will have a J0b.

anlauto

Pretty sure in 1972 it was the same as 71, a little white rectangle with the number 45 on it. Sounds like you had the original one on there.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72 Challenger

The previous owner took great pride in the fact that the brake booster was original. I have no way to authenticate that claim but if the condition of the sticker was any indication I'd believe the story.

I was pretty confident in the 45 than someone told me that 45 meant a reproduction brake booster sold through a Chrysler dealer.

Thought I would ask the experts!

Thanks Alan.

anlauto

The replacement decal is available through PERFORMANCE CAR GRAPHICS  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

:iagree: the little 45 sticker, NOT the larger MOPAR 45 sticker

got a picture of what you have?

72 Challenger

I think it was just the 45, but I had assumed the mopar portion had already come off? Today I learnt! Almost bought the mopar 45 logo. Will a picture of the booster make a difference?

6bblgt

just as a reference of another original & its location  :takepicture:

anlauto

Yes...that's what I meant by small white rectangle decal. PCG sells both.

72 Challenger

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 27, 2018, 10:30:18 AM
just as a reference of another original & its location  :takepicture:

I can't confirm if it's original. This is the pervious owners story. I did not disassemble the car or restore it.