Main Menu

Which is correct?

Started by Claudia, July 18, 2019, 06:41:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Claudia

Which way is correct for the parking brake "S" hook . . .

- hooked on bottom of transmission mount with cable hook turned down
- hooked on top of transmission mount with cable hook turned up toward the bottom of the car
- or ???

Shane Kelley

It for sure goes on the top.

anlauto

Yup bottom photo for sure :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Is this a 70 only deal?

I have never seen this before?

And here I thought all the questions had already been asked an answered!!!!!!!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Shane Kelley

I know it's 70-71 for sure. After than I don't know.  :dunno:  I would guess all the way to 74 but that's just a guess.

JS29

70 is all by it's self, no intermediate cable that loops from side to side. right rear cable comes across the differential to the left side.  :alan2cents:   

anlauto

Quote from: Shane Kelley on July 18, 2019, 10:35:15 AM
I know it's 70-71 for sure. After than I don't know.  :dunno:  I would guess all the way to 74 but that's just a guess.

It's NOT 1970, but 1971 and up...I would also assume all the way to 1974. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

73_Cuda_4_Me

It's definitely on my 73... looped cable, passenger side anchor as shown, center anchor mounted to top of tranny cross-member, and e-brake cable and adjuster on driver's side...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on July 18, 2019, 11:34:32 AM
Quote from: Shane Kelley on July 18, 2019, 10:35:15 AM

It's NOT 1970, but 1971 and up...I would also assume all the way to 1974. :alan2cents:
DUH!  I forgot 70 uses the cable that run down the drivers side and splits on the frame rail in front of the axle. Like the one in this pic. Good catch!!!!

floorit426

This forum is AWESOME! I installed my ebrake, two days ago. I was not at all happy with the way it hung and the clearance of the exhaust. Tonight's project was to jury rig some anchors to get it up, closer to the floor. I am so glad I read this! You guys amaze me, with your breadth of knowledge. Thanks!

PatO

Glad I saw this  :bradsthumb:

Gonna correct mine this weekend. I was wondering why my cable was low.