Main Menu

1/3 the size of an e-Body!

Started by J-Code Jeni, February 26, 2017, 09:19:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

J-Code Jeni

I love classic cars of all kinds. My Dad, who had more kids than money, is to thank for my initial appreciation for their styling, evolution and function. Being married to @Cuda Cody has helped me develop a deeper appreciation for cars altogether and also, for the labor of love that is the restoration process. Last year, we picked up a project for me- a 1958 BMW Isetta... she sat in the  garage (green, pictured) for ~50 years before we brought her home to our workshop! She's probably 1/2- 1/3 the length of an e-body and should be a much shorter labor of love too. I'm super-excited to do this project with Cody and bustle around town someday- makes me happy just thinking about it!  :veryexcited:  :veryexcited: We'll probably start this project next winter. I hope it's okay if I share our progress with all of you.  :D

Spikedog08

Looks like a fun project . . . Hope you have a good source for parts if any are needed?   :ohyeah:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

I hope you plan to resto-mod it with a new 392 Hemi/5 speed  :ohyeah:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

J-Code Jeni

That would be hilarious @anlauto ! Could you imagine going from it's 1 cylinder engine to a Hemi!?! It is a manual however, the shifter is on the left!  :))

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Roadman

Now that is just so COOL.    :cool:    Hope you do a thread on the build.    :popcorn:

Topcat

That looks like a fun project.

Keep far away from High Schools.
Kids like to pick them up, move them or worse, roll them.

Cuda Cody

No joke!  They are light and easy to pick up.  @J-Code Jeni  and I unloaded it by hand off the trailer, no ramps!

Quote from: Topcat on February 26, 2017, 02:27:45 PM
That looks like a fun project.

Keep far away from High Schools.
Kids like to pick them up, move them or worse, roll them.

Brads70

Those are so quirky they are cool. Iused to know a guy up in Bracebridge who's father had a pretty big collection of cars, mostly Fords of the 30's-40's-50's . He also had an Isseta that had never been registered for the road. It was brand new. Sure was unique !   

Topcat

Take a vacation to Austria and visit the small town of Kaprun.

There is a car museum there with many types of small cars like your BMW.

Kaprun was an amazing place to visit besides seeing the museum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kaprun+auto+museum&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=662&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj7z7Pj767SAhXHv1QKHVLxDnIQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1#imgrc=X9fag1d5Yh2xMM:

HP_Cuda

Very cool Isetta!

Are you going to keep the stock color or ???

I hear parts can be a pain but that will give you an excuse to make Cody to take you to Bavaria to find parts!!!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

J-Code Jeni

I like the way you think, @HP_Cuda !

I really wanted keep the original paint, just buff it out and roll down the road old school style.   :cooldance:  We have some body work to do and the two-tone models are the best; so, it's going to be two-toned, White Gold (i.e. WeissGold; the color it is now) and an Arabian Gold, like this: http://bmwx.tk/bmw/1956-bmw-isetta-300-for-sale   :veryexcited: :veryexcited:

J-Code Jeni

That's gorgeous!! But, oh my, that's a lot for a tiny car! Often times the green had an plaid interior.

Mine will have a package tray on the back with a little basket.  8)

Topcat

Do these cars steer with just the rear wheel?
(if that's even possible)

Or the fronts?