Main Menu

1970 Barracuda GC project

Started by kmiller, September 06, 2022, 03:33:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kmiller

i thought i would add my project to the forum.

Brief overview:

I bought this car from a guy that pulled it out of a junkyard about 30 years ago and had hopes to restore it. His "I'm going to restore it someday" story neve came , health issues forced the sale.

its Grand Coup 383/4speed car, told the wife that it would be a three year project and i over shot the time frame by 3 months, partly due to COVID , selling a house and moving to a much bigger space.! Car came with a lot of parts. another whole truck worth.
All work was completed by me.  I'll try and keep the pics on order.

kmiller

2020/21

kmiller

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Nice! Those neighborhoods almost look like you live in B.C. That was a factory blue car correct? I am looking for a factory orange, 4 speed, 383 GC sold new in B.C.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Wow!  Thanks for sharing!  That is such an amazing thing to see the process.  That is very impressive work sir!  More pics please! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

kmiller

thanks, yes it was a factory blue car with the blue interior.  i must be drawn to blue cars, my challenger is B5 and my R/T Scat pack is B5 so i decided not to have another blue one. here are a few more pics   

kmiller

I added the shaker as i've always wanted one. but an original shaker hood is nearly impossible to source in Alaska so i made my own.

kmiller

sorry the pics are sideways. not sure how to fix that

JS29

:welcome: 1970 383/ 4speed gran coupe, 341 produced. Mine is EF8 green, originally green interior now black, black vinyl top.  :handshake: