Main Menu

1970 FM3 Challenger

Started by manycj, March 28, 2017, 10:20:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

manycj

The car left the factory with 2998948 as the radiator, but 2998974 (the 340 version) replaced it when the T/A's came out.

<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

usraptor

Car really looks good.  Love your attention to detail.  :twothumbsup:

1badfish

Car looks great! Is it a Deputy by any chance? A93 code, I had a FM3 70 challenger that was 318 3spd manual.  :ohyeah:

manycj

Quote from: 1badfish on September 04, 2017, 08:21:44 AM
Car looks great! Is it a Deputy by any chance? A93 code, I had a FM3 70 challenger that was 318 3spd manual.  :ohyeah:
Thanks.  No it's not a Deputy. I've only come across 1 Deputy that came with a 318 3spd manual trans.  Was on e-bay about 4 years ago. Was located in PA at the time. It was cloned into a T/A.  VIN#JH23G0B339543

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

1badfish

Quote from: manycj on September 05, 2017, 04:55:08 AM
Quote from: 1badfish on September 04, 2017, 08:21:44 AM
Thanks.  No it's not a Deputy. I've only come across 1 Deputy that came with a 318 3spd manual trans.  Was on e-bay about 4 years ago. Was located in PA at the time. It was cloned into a T/A.  VIN#JH23G0B339543

That was my car! It was a lot longer than 4 years ago though lol. I think I bought that car in 2008 from Larry in PA.

manycj

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted pictures. So here's an update.  It's running and driving!  It took me a while since I was waiting for Glen-Ray to restored an original date-coded 948 radiator for me and there was another delay when my repo battery came in cracked.  All is well now. 

Though not in the pictures, I have a set of Goodyear F-70 w/w tires with the original Challenger wheel covers ready to go on it.

Things left to do:
I still need to get the AC drier and the cracked AC return hose restored. 
The rear bumper still needs to get rechromed.
I still need to locate a driver's seat. The original one was swapped out for a 72-74 style.

Chris

72 Challenger

Absolutely love it. Great work.

Is that a mach one I spy in the background? Furthest on the left?
Someday I will have a J0b.

manycj

Close. It's a 1969 Mustang 4.1 Liter Special sportsroof.  1 of 150 in the promotion, 1 of 25 sportsroof ever to be painted in that color.

RUNCHARGER

Car is looking great. You are doing a nice job.
Sheldon

superdave

Wow!! That looks fantistic. :unbelievable:  :ohyeah:  8)

72 Challenger

I will have to research this, never heard of it!

Still prefer the Challenger though!
Someday I will have a J0b.

anlauto

This Challenger restoration is awesome, I love the fact you kept it original :worship: :bravo:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GCragtop

Very nice detailing! Looks extremely nice!

manycj

Well, she's almost done. I'm waiting on an AC line and drier which is being restored by Classic Auto Air, the rest of the seat belts which are due Monday, air breather wingnut and heat rise hose and a lug wrench.  That's it. Then she needs to be road tested.

This is what it would have looked like in 1970 except it would have had dual white wall tires back then.

what do you think about being in the pink ?