Main Menu

1970 T/A GoMango 4sp

Started by Rbob, May 28, 2020, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Rbob on May 26, 2021, 12:49:21 PM
Auto Classic Glass is sending me another pair of door glass, with different DOT number and if that does not work they will try a different brand.  Good to know they have good customer service.

While I am waiting for those and carpet install, I took my instrument cluster apart and found what looks like foam filler, what would you do with it, its crusty as heck..

@Rbob

A replacement foam seal is included with this seal set that you can buy through Classic Industries (and maybe others??)

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/dodge/challenger/parts/me862001.html

DeathProofCuda

BTW, did you get your dash pad back yet?

Rbob

No on the dash pad,  waiting for foam so they can finish it..

anlauto

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on May 26, 2021, 01:52:45 PM

A replacement foam seal is included with this seal set that you can buy through Classic Industries (and maybe others??)

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/dodge/challenger/parts/me862001.html

Hey, that's cool as heck...never seen that set before...it amazes me what is available for our cars these days :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rbob

Update, I received my replacement door glass and installed the front track and it is almost perfect.  I am installing today so I will report when finished.  It is amazing how easy the door glass is to remove and install once you have done it a couple times.

I also ordered new glass mounting hardware,  The slider pieces that fit in the front rail seem a bit tight and the track is greased so maybe it is supposed to be that way.  I guess if i don't like it I can put the old sliders in.

Bottom pic is the warranty glass, what a difference.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FE5CUDA

I wouldn't put it all together and think the glass is going to slide up/down with the reproduction slides you installed, they're to tight, I tried them.  I replaced them with originals.

Rbob

@FE5CUDA

You saved me a bunch of work, thank you!  Never got around to installing yesterday so I will swap in the originals before install.

:ohyeah:

Rbob

Side tracked a little, buffed the lenses for the light bar and installed with Hansen rivet tool, barely fit.  Blacked out the rivets with bold point oil based sharpie.  Rear Speakers installed and package tray and insulation installed.

One door glass removed and installed, luckily I only set it in the door, easy to p back out and swap the sliders. Need to adjust it, I will see how it goes today.

Pics:

DeathProofCuda

@Rbob
Any updates on the amazing work you are doing on your TA? :popcorn:

Rbob

I have carpet installed and waiting for dash to be returned, they finally got foam and had hundreds to do before mine.  Also waiting for my carbs from Scott at HarmsAuto.  Been side tracked but hope to complete this year.

ebodyproducts

You are doing an awesome job. That light bar is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014